A nice little quote that will ring true with many....................

Bugsy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That reminds me aof a Larson cartoon showing a woman walking down a forest track at nightfall while a storm brewed above, birds of prey circled and threatening wolfish eyes peered out from the woods on both sides.  She was carrying a hoover.  The strapline was something like:

"Foolishly, Esmerelda had forgotten that Nature abhors a vacuum ..."

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

Peter O'Toole

Not quite as profound as Mr C.  I see he's featured in a current TV ad for an ISP supplier or something.  I remember him and another bloke on a sofa but not the product.

[quote user="Cassis"]Not quite as profound as Mr C.  I see he's featured in a current TV ad for an ISP supplier or something.  I remember him and another bloke on a sofa but not the product.
[/quote]

Me neither Cassis, but he looks a lot healthier than he has done for a while.

I like Gays current signature. I saw it on a DVD I watched a few days ago, and then it appeared on the end of Gays posts - strange coincidence

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it

The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyam

i thought a highbrow person was the one who thinks of the William Tell overture when everyone else thinks it's the theme tune for the Lone Ranger!  Nevermind, I guess I am just too old and remember the things that everyone else has forgotten!

[quote user="Tresco"]

I like Gays current signature. I saw it on a DVD I watched a few days ago, and then it appeared on the end of Gays posts - strange coincidence

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,

Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit

Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,

Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it

The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyam

[/quote]

Fortunately, we have advanced a bit in the last 1,000 years and we can all go back and edit our posts on the forum!

[quote user="Will "]

"A highbrow is the kind of person who looks at a sausage and thinks of Picasso"

AP Herbert (I think I prefer the DL Sayers one)

[/quote]

Oh dear.  I think I need this one explained to me.  I look at a myself and think of baked beans.

"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth."

George Burns

[quote user="Cassis"]Fortunately, we have advanced a bit in the last 1,000 years and we can all go back and edit our posts on the forum!
[/quote]

Only if we have recognised the (potential) problem with whatever we have written[Www][:)]

Total absence of humour renders life impossible. (Colette)

[quote user="sweet 17"]i thought a highbrow person was the one who thinks of the William Tell overture when everyone else thinks it's the theme tune for the Lone Ranger!  Nevermind, I guess I am just too old and remember the things that everyone else has forgotten![/quote]

Poppadom poppadom poppadom dom dom...

The William Patel Overture

(Les Barker - Mrs Ackroyd)

ok, i've had it with the music buffs.  how about me now calling all art aficionados.  what about the highbrow person who is aware that a canaletto is not some kind of pasta?

and how about starting a thread called Highbrows vs Lowbrows?

[quote user="sweet 17"]

ok, i've had it with the music buffs.  how about me now calling all art aficionados.  what about the highbrow person who is aware that a canaletto is not some kind of pasta?

and how about starting a thread called Highbrows vs Lowbrows?

[/quote]

I don't understand, if you want to start another thread, just do it.....................[:D]