Gratte-cul

Le Petomane

[quote user="chris pp"]Why would rose-hip be called that?  I can understand medlars being called dogs ar*e because of what they look like.Chris[/quote]

If you are referring to the French common name, it's because of the hairy bits, they're said to irritate the skin...

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="chris pp"]Why would rose-hip be called that?  I can understand medlars being called dogs ar*e because of what they look like.Chris[/quote]
If you are referring to the French common name, it's because of the hairy bits, they're said to irritate the skin...
[/quote]Which is no doubt why my mother warned me against guys with beards.  (Sorry.)

"they're said to irritate the skin..."

They do - we used to push them down each other's backs at school. The pips from the inside that is, not the whole thing. I'm sure I've read that they are very high in Vit. C.

Hoddy

[quote user="Hoddy"]

"they're said to irritate the skin..."

They do - we used to push them down each other's backs at school. The pips from the inside that is, not the whole thing. I'm sure I've read that they are very high in Vit. C.

Hoddy

[/quote]

Didn't Rosehip syrup ( Delrosa) used to be available via the child clinics in the UK..........

Bring back 'Clinic' orange.......I loved it......