I don't believe it (in a Victor Meldrew voice)

Bugsy

Hi JSA!

Nice to see you again[:)]

I'm taking the family to the bird show in the 'Cité des Oiseaux' in Carcassonne today and then to the village fete in Raissac for the great paella meal this evening.  I was hoping that the weather further down would be warmer. 

I'm all upset now[:(]

I got out the long trousers and a sweatshirt to go out this morning too! The sky has cleared now and is lovely and blue but my fingers and toes are cold, I mentioned to Mr O last night that there was an Autumn like nip in the air.........strange.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

then to the village fete in Raissac for the great paella meal this evening.  I was hoping that the weather further down would be warmer. 

[/quote]

Twinkle, how was the fete in Raissac, hubby told me he had paid to go, but not told me (back here in blighty) how it all went.  Is it really that cold?  I'd better wear a thicker jumper than planned when I set off on Sat at that rate!  Always a fraction warmer in London than outside so very difficult to tell, but even in London today I am wearing a cardi, and it is still August!

[quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"]Bloody chickens have gone off lay and are looking bedraggled and deeply unmotivated. Some of them look as though they might be growing gills. I may have to start wearing the comedy breasts again when I go and collect the eggs in an effort to cheer them up.

[/quote]

So what you are saying is ....it's all gone tits up!

[quote user="LEO"]

[quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"]Bloody chickens have gone off lay and are looking bedraggled and deeply unmotivated. Some of them look as though they might be growing gills. I may have to start wearing the comedy breasts again when I go and collect the eggs in an effort to cheer them up.

[/quote]

So what you are saying is ....it's all gone tits up!

[/quote]

That's a, oooohhh, 5.8, that is.

I've just been around the gites starting up all the heating. I normally do this in late October. In one the party look desperately damp and bedraggled. Happily they are possessed of the same Oaken Heart from which The Empire was once hewn and have just marched off into the rain in an attempt to find something to do. They seem to be enjoying themselves.

Another party have just asked if they can invite her brother and SIL to come and stay because they have been flooded out of their campsite...we're dropping extra towels off later today. No-one has used the pools for three days. Although they are heated (and with a foresight that does not come naturally to me I fitted oil fired heating rather than solar), the Arctic blasts that accompany the brief exposure 'twixt water and towel have proved unendurable to even our guests from Wales.

Hi Leo & Bugbear!

Judith!

We went for the lovely paella meal last night and it was a great evening.  It was in the Foyer Municipale and not at the stade because of the miserable weather - but it was still good and they put out a big carpet for the traditional donkey ceremony!

Last summer I filled in for one of the female vocalists in the band 'Tutti Fruti' who play at Raissac every year and I really liked the village atmosphere there.  This is why I went this year with my tribe - so I could catch up with the band and eat Manolos' fab paella.

By the way, the weather held out for the bird show at 'La Cité Des Oiseaux' in Carcassonne.  Has anyone here seen it?  It's really incredible - great entertainment for all the family.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

We went for the lovely paella meal last night and it was a great evening.  It was in the Foyer Municipale and not at the stade because of the miserable weather - but it was still good and they put out a big carpet for the traditional donkey ceremony!

Last summer I filled in for one of the female vocalists in the band 'Tutti Fruti' who play at Raissac every year and I really liked the village atmosphere there.  This is why I went this year with my tribe - so I could catch up with the band and eat Manolos' fab paella.

[/quote]

Twinkle - paella! - he only mentioned the moules (which he hates!), but I gather I will have his version of events when I arrive on Saturday.  I'll be interested in what he says about the donkeys! 

And there was I hoping to be able to wear my shorts when I arrive, seems I'd better put them away until next year.

Many thanks, I find this forum makes me (a) want to be there (b) keeps me sane until I can be!!!!