Avis de premier accompte 2015

Lachouette

We've just had a bill on from the Impots, which has to be paid by the middle of February, which is a provisional payment on our revenues from 2014, which obviously have yet to be declared.

This is the first time we've received such a bill; have others received it and is it a normal occurrence that so far we've avoided?

Thanks,

Jan

NH this is different. The Fisc takes two advance payments Feb and May based on prior years of income on which no instalments have been elected. Same system as UK were tax is usually deducted at source. If you have UK or other gilt income which is paid gross. The following year HMRC will invoice you 1/3rd previous years income in I think Apr and July.

You  can always choose not to pay it if you think the income will not happen. But if it does you pay late payment penalties.

JFB

I think (but I won't know for sure until I've tried it myself when I get my bill) that you can opt for monthly prelevements On receipt of your Premier Accompte.

You 'buy in' and they take two tenths in Feb. Thus if last year's assessment was for €1200, then they'd be asking now for €400. But by going for a mthly prelevement, you'd pay €240 in Feb & €120 / mth until Oct.

It might suit you.

Yes you can choose to pay quarterly or monthly, but this is a case where an automatic demand for the first third is generated by the fact that the expected tax for 2015 is over the limit I mentioned (347€)

Those under that amount will never have come across this.

[quote user="NormanH"]Apparently this applies if your expected tax liability is over 347€.

Those under that amount will never have come across this.

[/quote]

More people have been drawn into this system since the fisc combined the bill for taxes to the bill for contributions sociales.

Now many more people then before find they have an annual total tax bill over the 347€ pa threshold which triggers the 'pay in 3 instalments' scenario.

Like Mint OH and I found this out last year.

Sue