One from my son ..

Frenchie

Can't stop laughing, but trying to keep tongue in cheek .. 

My 13 year old son just asked me - " mum , is Oxford a very big city ?" 

-  " no, it isn't "

- " It is well known though ...  Must be because of the cahiers  Oxford..  ( Oxford Notebooks ..) "

[:)][:D][:D]      Indeed, can't see any other reason ...     [:D]  

Wonderful innocence Frenchie, loved it.  Here's one from my daughter then aged 8...

Me: Would you like some rhubarb tart for pudding?

Daughter: No thank you, I don't like reindeer.

Me: What do you mean you don't like reindeer?

Daughter: You know mummy... Rhubarb the red nose reindeer.....

My son Jay (then aged 7) had his friend Andrew round for tea and we were discussing the time of day when various family members had been born.  Andrew was very impressed to hear that Jay was born at 3.00am.  "Gosh!" he said, turning to me "Did you wake up specially, Mrs West, or did you wait until the morning?".

When my brother and I were children, we used to visit our grandma in London about once a month. There was a rather large and swanky antique shop that we always passed on the way. One time, my brother Simon (then aged about 7 or 8 ) studied the shop sign, and then asked "Mum, whats a an-ti-que".  "It's antique dear, and that  means an old thing, a very very old thing" she replied.  Simon thought about this for a moment, and then asked "Mum, is grandma an antique then".

My nephew, Ross, was on caravanning holiday with his mum, dad, sisters + grandparents a few years ago when, one evening, he went to ask my mum (his granny) what a 'potato clock' was, becase grandpa told him they were getting one the next day.  Mum went through various options with him to find out what he meant but got nowhere - she finally quizzed my dad and realized that what Grandpa had actually said was that they would have to 'get up at 8 o'clock' tomorrow as they were going sightseeing for the day! [:D][:D]

• 2 weeks later...