How We Were:

Gluestick

Brownsea Island!  When my son was about 6, I took him for a week 's break in Bournemouth and I told him that Brownsea Island was where Brown Owl lived.  Do you remember the owl from Beatrix Potter?

[quote user="sweet 17"]Brownsea Island!  When my son was about 6, I took him for a week 's break in Bournemouth and I told him that Brownsea Island was where Brown Owl lived.  Do you remember the owl from Beatrix Potter?[/quote]

Of course, (I'm getting a refresher course at the moment reading to No.1 grandaughter) however I wasn't aware of a connection to Brownsea Island? Coincidently we were staying at Brownsea Castle, which is owned by the NT but leased to JLP who use it for their staff, very lovely it is too, we also used to stay at a similar establishment run by JLP, Lullebrook Manor in Cookham, and this is reputed to be the original Toad Hall of 'Wind in the Willows'.  Not many people know that! [:D]

In 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall how fabulous you really looked…. You’re not as fat as you imagine. [8-|]

[quote user="now just john "]In 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall how fabulous you really looked…. You’re not as fat as you imagine. [8-|][/quote]

In twenty years I'll be happy to still be here looking

[quote user="Cathy"][quote user="now just john "]

In 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall how fabulous you really looked…. You’re not as fat as you imagine. [8-|] [/quote]

Women improve with age, John.  [Www]

[/quote]

Of course like fine wines, and most don't even have Cher's plastic, but this is a line stolen from a speech to first year's Students at registry, addressing teenage girls . . .[8-|]

[quote user="now just john "]

[quote user="sweet 17"]Brownsea Island!  When my son was about 6, I took him for a week 's break in Bournemouth and I told him that Brownsea Island was where Brown Owl lived.  Do you remember the owl from Beatrix Potter?[/quote]

Of course, (I'm getting a refresher course at the moment reading to No.1 grandaughter) however I wasn't aware of a connection to Brownsea Island? Coincidently we were staying at Brownsea Castle, which is owned by the NT but leased to JLP who use it for their staff, very lovely it is too, we also used to stay at a similar establishment run by JLP, Lullebrook Manor in Cookham, and this is reputed to be the original Toad Hall of 'Wind in the Willows'.  Not many people know that! [:D]

In 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall how fabulous you really looked…. You’re not as fat as you imagine. [8-|]

No, no, John, I obviously didn't make myself clear.  I just meant that I told him that, making things up as you do to entertain children.

I mean I was no more an "anxious mother" than Mrs Tiggywinkle was![:$]

[/quote]

There are a lot on here:(hope it works).http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/821423/ShowPost.aspx If it doesn't work, look on page 4 of the photography forum.

I would post one but don't know how. Must study Dick Smiths post on page 7 of the photography forum. Pat.

Really lovely Mrs A[:D]  Do you sing Good Morning with Sparks by any chance?

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/weedonwite/justme.jpg[/IMG]

I can feel a complex about my high waist band and left ear coming on....and the fact that my mother used to tell me that I parted my hair on the girls side. I am still scarred by it.

[quote user="now just john "]

we also used to stay at a similar establishment run by JLP, Lullebrook Manor in Cookham, and this is reputed to be the original Toad Hall of 'Wind in the Willows'.  Not many people know that! [:D]

[/quote]

Really ?

I'm quite surprised as I was raised in Cookham and rambled the Odney Estate as a child ( I was friendly with the gardener's son) that's the first I have heard of it. However a few miles from where I live now, in Mapledurham and Pangbourne, far more is made of the connection.

Kenneth Graham lived in a house which is now Herries School in Cookham, as a child, where as he lived in Pangbourne as an adult