Christmas pudding and custard

Mme poivre

Oh dear.

Well if you can get a copy, have a look at Angela Hartnette's Cucina 'Three Generations of Italian Cooking' (ISBN 978 009 191 0273) and her recipe for Pumpkin Soup. If not I'll email it to you direct?

The OH loves to cook and being of Italian descent herself natuarally, this is one her favorite cookbooks - and a good read! The downside is getting her to make me a decent sausage 'Toad in the Hole'. Impossible.

Yes, please, Bannon; I, too, would like the recipe.

The trick with toad in the hole is getting the Yorkshire pudding batter right.  Alas, I've made Yorkshire pudding that had hit the top of the oven through rising like billy-o and also the flat as a pancake variety, so I can't even invite you to tea and give you that to eat!

[quote user="Bannon"]Email sent Clair.... can you forward it to sweet?[/quote]

Bannon, the recipe has not yet landed in my inbox..., but I have found this Angela Hartnett pumpkin soup recipe. Is it the same?

Comfort food for me is anything creamy or cheesy, like a gratin dauphinois or both creamy and cheesy like cauliflower cheese or indeed tartiflette, mentioned by Frenchie in this other thread.

So, it's the white wine and the Parmesan that were missing from my not-very-nice pumpkin soup.

Clair, I also found a chicken soup on the link you provided and I have now given it to Frenchie et al on the "French" thread.

I make chicken soup quite a lot as I like to use the carcass for stock and I always put some rice in as I find the rice absorbs the flavours beautifully.

Yum, yum, slurp, slurp..................