Unable to Deliver Tax Form on Time

Grecian

It looks as though I may not be able to deliver my tax form on time this year. I have been in hospital since 16th March, and unfortunately may need upto another 3 months here. My wife has no idea as to how to fill in the forms, so unless I am discharged in time we will not be able to deliver.

I am hoping there is some provision in the system for people in a similar situation to myself. I guess contact the tax office to explain the situation, just wondered if anybody else may have been in a similar situation.

I suggest your wife goes to the local Impôts and speaks with a conseilleur there. Its not hard to do, you go in and ask the receptionist for someone to help you and then you take a ticket like the supermarket and wait your turn to go into a "box" where you talk in private. The impôts here were kindness themselves when OH died and I had never filled in any forms as it had always been the accountants who did it from day one but the head man down there filled it in and even got me a rebate too from overpayment previously. He also took all the forms there and then and deposited them for me. If you don't ask, you don't get and its all completely free. Better do soon as possible as they will begin to get really busy. Any problems such as a possible delay will be notified and you can sleep easy too!

2 suggestions.

You have Internet so file it on-line

If you don't feel confident with this talk to the 'aide sociale' at the hospital.

Sorry to hear that you are stuck in there. As I told you before mine was a month hospital and two months convalescent home.

Going back in on the 12th May so will need to do my tax forms too...

Thanks both for your replies.

I know I need to inform the tax office as soon as possible, and it looks as though my wife will have to go to the office, not something she needs at the moment.

Norman I know I have the online facility, although I have never filed this way before, but not sure if I will be home even in time for that deadline.

I know you warned me of a long stay, I was just hoping things would have gone a little smoother. Good luck with your May 12th appointment, hope it is nothing too serious.