French Tax return question.

Nell

Having received an S1 form during the 2014 tax year, do I need to send a copy with my tax return? Also is there any little box I need to tick on the 2042K form?

Thank you one and all for all the valuable advice I find on this forum.

[quote user="Nell"]Having received an S1 form during the 2014 tax year, do I need to send a copy with my tax return? Also is there any little box I need to tick on the 2042K form?

Thank you one and all for all the valuable advice I find on this forum.[/quote]

Hi,

Yes , send a copy and put a note at VIII on form 2047 "Titulaire de formulaire S1 , pas à la charge du  securité social français".

Hello Pat, thanks for the message. Maybe this could benefit others on open forum.

I have UK company dividends to declare this year and am not sure how to do so on the pink form. Could you guide me please?

What is the 17% bit mentioned for UK shares? Is it a straight deduction?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

[quote user="woolybanana"]Hello Pat, thanks for the message. Maybe this could benefit others on open forum.

I have UK company dividends to declare this year and am not sure how to do so on the pink form. Could you guide me please?

What is the 17% bit mentioned for UK shares? Is it a straight deduction?

Thanks in advance,

Tim[/quote]

Hi,

On pink 2047 page 2 section A "-Dividendes éligibles à l'abattement de 40%" ;   enter Royaume -Uni in col 1,enter amount received net in col 2, 17.7% in col 3, and product of net dividend  x  17.7% in col 4.    Then carry over figures as directed to the list on the right of the page.  Transfer the figures to the boxes on 2042 as indicated  right side of that list.

A tax-free allowance of 40% is taken off the dividend .

The 17.7% is a credit (to be taken off the total tax bill) which is intended to represent the UK corporation tax taken from the dividends - you will find it is nearly the same as the "tax credit" shown on the UK share certificate.

Hope this helps