Re: Racist dog

AnOther

We are currently looking after a King Charles spaniel for friends (not the first time) and

she simply goes bonkers if she sees a black man on the TV. Even seeing

one amongst a group of non blacks will set her off.

Anybody else got an apparently racist pet ?

What you mean the ones on telly are not real? I thought that they had banned all that blacking up along with the minstrels.

Most times that dogs react against travellers etc is a result of the pheremones released from their master who is frightened/uneasy, the dogs can smell this even when we have a subconscious fear that we are unaware of.

Perhaps it is you that has a sub-conscious problem [6]

Have you tried watching Graham Norton with the dog? [kiss]

I had a dog that went for anybody who carried large objects. He had been kicked by a builder with a plank over his shoulder as a puppy, After that the window cleaner with his ladder was fair game . Never bothered anybody else .. I suspect a black person has given this dog an unpleasant memory

My late fathers dog used to attack my stepmother whenever she used the carpet sweeper, the Bex Bissel thingy, she (the dog!) had no problems with the much noisier vacuum cleaner.

My dog when I was a child used to attack passing cars or more precisely try to remove their hubcaps, no he didnt come from Liverpool itt was because we used to use them as frisbees and my dog could catch one in mid flight and bite right through it!

It's an interesting thought that if dogs see in B/W it makes a difference - perhaps dogs in Africa bark at whites?

On an earlier idea I think dogs may pick up pheromones from the owner but I have seen them react when the owner is not there.