Re: Favourite quotations...

MrCanary

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="FurryKnickers "]"just because you are wearing gardening trousers does not mean you have to stay in the garden" (Seamus Logan)[/quote]

You've just caused WW3 to break out here. Mr T insists the correct version of this quote is;

"just because you are wearing boots caked in mud, does not mean you have to stay in the garden".

I doubt we'll ever know the truth.[:D]

And my successful businessman son tells me he has always remembered me telling him this at the start of his career. Trouble is, I don't know where I got it from...

"Everything comes to he who goes out and gets what everyone else is waiting for..."

[quote user="Tressy"]

[quote user="FurryKnickers "]"just because you are wearing gardening trousers does not mean you have to stay in the garden" (Seamus Logan)[/quote]

You've just caused WW3 to break out here. Mr T insists the correct version of this quote is;

"just because you are wearing boots caked in mud, does not mean you have to stay in the garden".

I doubt we'll ever know the truth.[:D]

[/quote]

I am pretty sure that Seamus Logan's quote is correct! He first said it to me in 1974 after planting his lavender bush , and that was a good long time ago.

Who is that Tressy anyway? She seems very cheeky!

"if he wrapped his balls in bacon even an Alsation would not find them"  Mrs O'Rourke of Tipperary.

''You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time'' I think Abraham Lincoln said that;

"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours." Bob Dylan  TALKIN' WORLD WAR III BLUES