Re: Manchester (according to Flybe)

Gardian

Not managed to get away this summer? Well why not start making plans for the autumn with a trip to Manchester! With up to 3 flights a day daily and great low fares starting at just €56 one way, there’s never been a better time to book.

The vibrant and stylish northern city offers many attractions suitable for all types of visitors. From a large selection of art galleries and museums including the Lowry Centre known as the ‘Guggenheim of the North’, to traditional street markets and local pubs. Plus if you time your trip right you could sing along in Salford at the BBC Proms in the Park on the 11th September or visit the 1st – 3rd October and immerse yourself in 48 hours of art, culture, music, film, food, literature, walks, politics, poetry, photography, and theatre at the Manchester Weekender.

So with all this on offer and more, why wait? Book your autumn break today!

I hate Manchester.  Always have & I always will.  

Just thought that I'd mention this travesty of a come-on.  I mean, if you were planning an Autumn trip, where would Manchester be on your list?

BTW, I like Flybe.[blink] 

• 2 weeks later...
Our 25 year old nephew lives there and loves it.  When he was made redundant, he launched out and started his own business rather than having to leave and find work elsewhere. If you haven't visited it recently you'll get a shock when you next go - the centre has been transformed![:)]

I'm prepared to be corrected, but I thought Jerusalem was about Jesus and Joseph of Aramathea (spelling?) making their way to Glastonbury (to hear The Who play, no doubt, I think they were around at the time). So, if that is so, would it not be the Southern Woollen Mills that they are singing about?????

Just to widen the debate (& wind a few people up, no doubt[6]), here are some thoughts on plus and minus cities / towns in the UK:

+ Norwich, Leeds, Birmingham, (it's a nicer place than people who've never been there realise), Exeter, Brighton, Nottingham (bits of it anyway), Cheltenham, Swansea, Glasgow, Belfast

- Manchester (of course!), Leicester, Bristol, Grimsby, Edinburgh, Aberdeen (so greyyyy), Southampton, Portsmouth, London (so dirty)

BTW, I'm Surrey born & bred, lived most of my adult life in the Thames Valley, so these are subjective views based on (mostly) business trips.

That'll do, to get things going.