Nice popular funeral songs- anyone?

milkeybar kid

Researched on tinternet and yes, there are suggestions but wondered if anyone had some nice ones they would like to hear. Having made our Wills just recently I realized I forgot to add that bit!

"The last farewell" Roger Whittakar I think is my thought but I will never forget having only recently been to a funeral in France and they had "I am what I am" from La Cage aux Folles, there wasnt a dry eye in the church.Mrs MKB

A list of popular choices:

The top 10 favorite funeral songs in Europe:

1. Queen's "The Show Must Go On"

2. Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven"

3. AC/DC's "Highway to Hell"

4. Frank Sinatra's "My Way"

5. Mozart's "Requiem"

6. Robbie Williams' "Angels"

7. Queen's "Who Wants to Live Forever"

8. The Beatles's "Let It Be"

9. Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters"

10. U2's "With or Without You"

Source: Music Choice

'Popular' and 'Top 10' is quite sufficient to scrub them all off any list I might approve of !

My Way, for God's sake. That has to be the ultimate cheesy choice for those who probably lived their lives anything but [blink]

I'd definitely turn in the coffin if they played that for me.

my brothers friend was in charge of the music at the crematorium, back in the eighties a teenager died and the parents gave him a disc and said play one of these they were her favourite group. He didn't listen to the disc but just put it on. It was WAM and he played "wake me up before you go go" he got the sack!. For me it will have to be Sting singing fields of gold, or Meatloaf heaven can wait,

[quote user="ViVienne"]my brothers friend was in charge of the music at the crematorium, back in the eighties a teenager died and the parents gave him a disc and said play one of these they were her favourite group. He didn't listen to the disc but just put it on. It was WAM and he played "wake me up before you go go" he got the sack!. For me it will have to be Sting singing fields of gold, or Meatloaf heaven can wait,[/quote]

I was in charge of playing in the music at a service once. The young lady had been ill a while and a couple of years previously, she and her mother had chosen music for her funeral. One of her choises wasn Wake Me Up Before You Go Go and mother insisted that it was played, so I did, It didn't feel right, but her friends of all ages all said "It was so her!"

Can't really think of my songs, don't want to go there yet if you know what I mean, but, for my brother in law my sister chose "You're the first, the last, my everything" by Barry White. BIL loved Barry and the words were very apt.