Re: Fish Pedicure

JeanS

My niece has just informed me that she's had a Fish pedicure. Involves putting your feed into water and letting lots of little fishes nibble at the dead skin on your feet.

Not for me - I'll still be going to a nice little Chinese lady in Trowbridge when next in the UK.

When we came back to the UK in June for my wife's birthday ,one of treats she had from our daughters was a fish pedicure.It was in Maidstone.All you do is put your feet in a tank of fish.There was some fish in the next tank by the name of Pira something.

• 2 weeks later...
What I have trouble with is that a seemingly large percentage of these "fish pedicure" places are popping up in shopping malls all over the UK. It's bad enough getting my head round anyone sitting with their feet in a tank full of hungry fish, without wondering quite why they would want to be doing it in full view of hundreds of shoppers. And, as one of the hundreds of shoppers, there's nothing more designed to put me off my retail therapy than having to walk past lots of people with their trousers rolled up to their knees and their feet in a tank of fishy water of questionable cleanliness.

I passed one of these places last week in a local shopping centre. I didn't know about them, and couldn't believe my eyes; women sitting there with feet in water, being nibbled at! Our daughter-in-law has a voucher from her parents for it from her parents; she's an extremely ticklish person, so I'll be interested to know how she gets on when she eventually goes along! I'll never be having one!

[quote user="Frenchie"]

[:D][:D][:D]

I ve seen it done on TV , my first reaction was " not for me ", but at second thought, I'd like to try ! The result is amazing .

But not in a shopping mall, in a proper institute. 

[/quote]

To be fair, I don't think that the fish in shopping malls are any less well qualified.....[:D][:D]

I hate to think - I know there's meant to be estrogen (Spelling -sorry), but we ladies don't have large teeth (do we?).

That's what she was told at the place that did the feet - they have to use the water they came in, but just recycle/filter/clean it, not add new water from the tap!