Re: Policemen on the M6 Toll Road

nomoss

[quote user="andyh4"]I wonder what would have been the reaction here if they had sent a single car and there had been something amiss.[/quote]

Perhaps the initial reaction was justified, but not the standing around aimlessly for 5 hours.

After all, police action in UK is supposedly "intelligence led" [:)]

[quote user="nomoss"]How many of the policemen in charge of today's events would it take to change a light bulb?[/quote]

It would be nice if you could have given even a small clue as to what the events are that you are referring to, not everyone watches UK television or reads UK newspapers on line.

I am currently in the UK and still dont have a clue what you are talking about!

Sorry if that seemed a lot harsh, its not you alone that makes postings assuming that the wider audience will know about the subject. Giving just a little bit of detail would avoid having to do searches that could well reveal something that turns out not to be of interest to the searcher.

[quote user="Chancer"]

[quote user="nomoss"]How many of the policemen in charge of today's events would it take to change a light bulb?[/quote]

It would be nice if you could have given even a small clue as to what the events are that you are referring to, not everyone watches UK television or reads UK newspapers on line.

I am currently in the UK and still dont have a clue what you are talking about!

Sorry if that seemed a lot harsh, its not you alone that makes postings assuming that the wider audience will know about the subject. Giving just a little bit of detail would avoid having to do searches that could well reveal something that turns out not to be of interest to the searcher.

[/quote]

I'm so sorry, but there was a pretty good clue in the title. Googling it produces among other similar items, this:  http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2012/jul/05/m6-police-megabus-video

[quote user="andyh4"]I wonder what would have been the reaction here if they had sent a single car and there had been something amiss.[/quote]

I'd like to think that ain intelligent single police car would have guided and stopped the coach off the motorway, then requested the passengers to report anyone seeing any smoke on board, perhaps having the discovered the cigarette, allowed everyone on their way with the minimum of inconvenience;
or are we to assume guilty til proven innocent and every twat's report of smoke is a bomb scare[:P]

[quote user="just john "]

I'd like to think that ain intelligent single police car would have guided and stopped the coach off the motorway, then requested the passengers to report anyone seeing any smoke on board, perhaps having the discovered the cigarette, allowed everyone on their way with the minimum of inconvenience;
or are we to assume guilty til proven innocent and every twat's report of smoke is a bomb scare[:P]

[/quote]

Perhaps if there had been a bomb it would have done less damage on a closed motorway than off the motorway where houses and the public might be present.

Wonder if the power that be also decided that they could show a forceful reaction to deter terrorists

[quote user="PaulT"][quote user="just john "]

[/quote]

Perhaps if there had been a bomb it would have done less damage on a closed motorway than off the motorway where houses and the public might be present.

Wonder if the power that be also decided that they could show a forceful reaction to deter terrorists

[/quote]

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. They were damned if they did, and damned if they didn't.