Re: Been here since 2006

Pads

I must admit to being a bit of a organised freak ... im the  type that always gets some where early, have my clothes ready the night before etc etc.

I have very little todo now , I have redireted my mail , sorted all the tax mot and insurance for the car so I dont have to rush into getting a french car once there . Everything for the carboots in the conservatory everything going to france in the living room, black bags lining the drive to be chucked. Everyone imformed who needs to be imformed ... god I even have seedtrays full of all my veg babies ready to go into my veg garden out there . I have food shopping enough for 2 weeks to keep me fed so I dont have to go out as I will be busy for a few weeks and have no car as hubby will have it back here.. I have even already filled the litter tray in the cats cage for his trip.

Next week a few things to do and Im done ..

Did my second carboot today another success may do some when Im in france if I can they are great fun. One more todo next week , then I hae organised the cat protection group to come and pick up everything left for there own table at the carboot. 

can anyone think of any thing I may of missed ?    

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck Pads and great news.

Best flour for Yorkshires is Farine (type 55) a basic plain flour. If it says its for patisserie, usually it's self raising.

As to Lakeland, if there's anything you can't get, they post over here, same as M& S for £7.50 a load.

Apart from that I've found most of the exchange foodstuffs for baking - just wish they had a wider range of the Dr.Oetker stuff in the supermarkets. So have a great time and don't panic - it's only another day in your life!!![:D]

Beware, most T55 is not self raising but is still for patiserrie, it isn't essential to have SR flour for all patisserie.

Self raising will always say that there is a rising agent in it. If it doesn't then it hasn't.

post edited

I want a good plain flour for my pud's ....so thats T55? Thankyou

I didnt even know who lake land was until I have just googled them, as you were the second person to memtion them... Ah well I wont miss what I never had unlike peanut butter kit-kats !!

Im all done now but still 2 weeks and 6 days to go ....wish the sun would come back out so I could do some gardening ....

Hi Pads

Just caught up with this thread as I've been back to the UK .... super news.  When you get settled, get in touch and we'll get together. 

You sound so organised ...... but sorry to tell you there is very little sun here just at present .... but I am sure it will shine on you when you arrive!

Keep smiling and happy travelling.

[quote user="Pads"]Get together ?? [;-)] I have walls to knock down and many more to paint ...... thanks for volenteering as they say many hands make light work [;-)] [/quote]

Moral -- never buy a house which needs knocking down ..... my days of knocking down walls never existed, and as for painting -  the first and only time I tried I knocked over the paint pot - so I am the volunteer from hell as far as DIY goes, so bonne chance - but without my help  I think would be wisest!

Excuses excuses !![Www]......

I love knocking down wall and painting, one of the most exciting things about this move is having yet another house to gut and work on .... Each time I finish one we move , poor hubby is getting a bit fed up of it now I think .... still he can always go fishing !!

Best laid plans..........etc

You should never be too confident (smug) that you have everything sorted ... As planned I took my car in for its MOT today I expected a few bits would need doing but normally they do it straight away and Im done for another year.... But !! the rear axle needs changing [:-))] and it needs ordering and they cant fit it in until 2 days before I go ...oh dear wot a worry !! Fingers crossed they get it done and sorted and i have my grubby fingers on the certificate ready for hubby to take with him when he comes home and drives the car down to France . 

Everything is packed and i mean everything ...even the toilet rolls [:$] just had to pop to the shop for another packet as going to run out by tomorrow and im not hunting through the boxes to see where there are .[blink]

To add to the list of things todo Im trying to organise adopting a cat from a sanctury which is 200km away from my house ... friends who will vouch for me that im a good mum are busy and I hate to bother them... but this lady needs some info on me as Im a jokey person people tend to think im a little mad ...ok maybe I am , but not where my furry family is concerned ...their needs as every will always come first .. Probally not the best time to do this but since I have seen his little face on the thread I have had to have him, so 1, worried someone else might get him and 2, thought it would be a good idea [I] if my cat and dog all moved into the new house together , might make them settle in together better than if they think its thiers first then he comes . Thankfully not much to do when I get there so each cat will have a spare bedroom for the first night , the house is all set to live in , so no major upheaval's I can unpack at my leasiure and make sure they are ok first. 

Still.... Soooo excited .... !![:D]

Best laid plans say that best found now rather than 1/2 way down P [;-)]

Sorry, just caught up with this even though I did know about your long awaited move lass! Fantastic, now just 9 daze and counting [kiss][kiss]

Don't forget, if you need anything then yell 'cause we ain't mind readers, well OH might be the way she susses out what I'm trying to fiddle at times [:$]

Sorry that it's a day late, but just for you that famous quote from Star Wars "May the 4th be with you" [Www]

See ya soon lass[kiss]

Well now young man I have put you in charge of the sun department ..... so get your foot pump out and get it blown up before I get there ...as I have lots of gardening to do, bringing trays of baby veg with me ready to go in ... So make them welcome ....

I will have no car until end of may so if you feel the over welming desire to see me you will need to climb the mountain for a coffee ....

[kiss] Love to U3

Hubby Is coming later with the car .... I have myself a big man with a big van taking me and my babies down....

Thanks for your wishes .....Im going to enjoy my self so much I love moving home but this has to be the best one so far ....  

Ha I knew I wouldnt pull the wool over your eyes....

This time next week I shall be running around here like a headless chicken.....Dave getting under my feet ... worrying weather alll my green babies will make in in the van let alone on the journey... But oh boy I shall be enoying my self too[:P]