Re: Stupid news reader

Ivor Nidea

I don't think it's fair to blame the newsreader individually as Mo Farah isn't a huge name in the USA . Plus, it should have been down to the programme researchers to find out who he was - just a simple google search would have made the interview far more interesting...

When I visited the USA I was quite shocked at how ignorant people were about the rest of the world. That said, this kind of ignorance is not confined to America. I once heard one of our local radio presenters describe the book Fear of Flying as being about people who were afraid to fly.

The distortion of history in films and books is a whole other subject I think.

Hoddy

[quote user="LBV Charente"]I don't think it's fair to blame the newsreader individually as Mo Farah isn't a huge name in the USA . Plus, it should have been down to the programme researchers to find out who he was - just a simple google search would have made the interview far more interesting...[/quote]

First of all the woman was devoid of any sincerity. Orville the duck would have sounded better.

She didn't even get the event correctly, marathon? It was a half-marathon. "Haven't you run before?" What did she imagine, that he had been on holiday and just decided to strip off to run with others he saw running along and happened to beat them.

Mo was so good about it he failed to mention the small point that he just happened to be the best runner in the world over two distances.

[quote user="Chancer"]What about "Loose Women" then?[/quote]

The program or in general [:D]

I have sat through the live recording of that show......................I know I know but O/H wanted to go.  They are not scripted per se but given the banter it amuses.  I also went to Gino and Mel's cooking show, The women all shouted Gino Gino so when they shut up and I shouted Melanie Melanie just to prove I was the only straight one in the audience [:-))]

TV is awash with people who open their mouths before engaging their brains. Not all that long ago I caught a few minutes of some house renovation programme, where they had an "interior designer" doing things to a house. She was putting Toile de Jouy in the bedroom and explained carefully to the other presenter that the fabric is so-called because it originally came from the town of Toile in France. Thud.