Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if it s not weirderthan that then it s ok, LOL...

My son likes the German " industrial metal"  band Rammstein, and I must admit I like quite a few of their songs now...

Rammstein  " We ' re all living in Amerika"

At least, they got the courage to sing in their own language.. and became internationally famous, that 's something I admire.

Well, I mean , you know that s how it works on the internional music market, if you want to become internationally famous you have to sing in English, cos the language rules..

They took the option of sticking to their roots and sing in German, which I found an unusual yet brave attitude, that meant taking the risk of being limited to Germany. And many people say German is not a language to be sung. I don't share that opinion, I personnally like German as a language, but I don't like Spanish.. We 're all different , hey !!

The rock scene in Germany is very developped. Go to Berlin if you got a chance; it s amazing.

Music if it is good enough will overcome language difficulties. I have an album by a band called the Yamasukis (Japanese and not a word of english sang) but the overall soundscape is enjoyable to me. With HM tracks often the vocals are sang at such a pace that you cannot understand them anyway so it is not a neccessity that they are sang in english.

Haven't worked out youtube yet but am listening now to Britney Spears new single Piece Of Me. She may be having personal problems but this is a fine track. Maybe Krusty could post it for me until I sort out YT so that you guys can listen to it?

Here s your song Angel.  http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=G8OW51trzSI

I don't think she deserves wjhat is given to her in the press..

Yes, she may be facing personal problems, but hey, remember what the press could do to Diana..  I'm of course making no comparison between the two women, just saying both are famous and hunted by the press.

Britney shaved her head, ok, so what? She seemed happy with her choice! I ve heard it s getting more and more fashionable anyway.

[quote user="Angel"]Captain Beefheart. Now he is weird !!! My brother is a big fan of his. I like some tracks but not many I am afraid.
[/quote]

Crickey.  Captain Beefheart.  That takes me back.  My first boyfriend adored him.  How old is your bro, Angel?

[quote user="Cathy"]

[quote user="Angel"]Captain Beefheart. Now he is weird !!! My brother is a big fan of his. I like some tracks but not many I am afraid.

[/quote]

Crickey.  Captain Beefheart.  That takes me back.  My first boyfriend adored him.  How old is your bro, Angel?

[/quote]

Oh he's a real crinkley, he's 55 !!!

Aahh. That figures.  My first boyfriend was born in 1950 so would have been the same era.  He died from lung cancer when he was 40ish  - all those roll-ups he smoked when listening to Captain B.

I quickly need to add that he was MUCH older than me...

[quote user="Cathy"]

Do you remember Alex Harvey?  His music was similar to Captain B, was it not?

[/quote]

One of the

hairyest gigs I ever went to was The Sensational Alex Harvey Band at

the Cock Inn, Muggington in the wilds of Derbyshire on a dark winter's

night. The place was packed with greebo's, all of them nutters, and

before Alex came on several fights broke out. Half way through the act

Alex slowly poured a pint of beer over his head and then combed it back in a

perfect da. A great roar went up and everyone in the audience did the

same, all of us pouring beer over our heads and slicking our hair back with our fingers! You can imagine the smell in the car driving home with 4 guys

soaked in bitter, but by then we didn't care.[:D]

edit: I don't believe it! The Naughty Word software has edited the name of the pub. Isn't this going a bit too far? This pub exists for christ's sake and the word is for a male version of a chicken. Surely we're adults here aren't we?[:(]