One for the Christians.

cajal

According to the Bible, Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Palestine, a country where people are named Mohammed, Abdul, Mounir, Aziz, Ahmed, Farid, Omar, Youssouf, Mouloud, etc.

And yet he managed to find 12 friends called John, Peter, Paul, Phillip, Mark, Thomas, Luke, Matthew, Andrew, Simon, Jude and James. . .. who all drank wine.

Now that's what I call a miracle!

regards

cajal

What's your point Mohammed and arabic names are much later than Christ He and his friends were born and named as Jews

Not Christians

ps I am a non believer but Richard Head comes to mind

http://www.jesusandtheprofessor.com/2011/03/hebrew-names-for-jewish-apostles.html

Good afternoon grumpyaud*****(insert as appropriate)

'What's your point Mohammed'

No, the name's cajal......look to your left. No, not in your room.....on your computer screen.  There, now do you see it.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up with reference to the historical accuracy requirement when posting on The Lighter Side.

Oh and while we are on religion, the quote from the bible, "and some fell on stoney ground" would appear appropriate regarding your grasp of things. But then as you quote  "I am a non believer" I guess it will also be lost on you.

regards

cajal

Hi cajal,

Hilarious !!! Thanks for a grand chuckle.

What a fascinating interpretation of Scripture, but defo no miracles to be seen there, I’d say.

You got the 12 apostles’ names wrong. Plus, Omar is a Hindu name, Youssouf is the same as Joseph, etc etc, anyone can check if they are the slightest bit interested. The names of Christ’s disciples you quote are simply anglicised versions of the Hebrew names, I used to think everybody was aware of that, but I was wrong.

In point of fact, Bethlehem was then in the Kingdom of Judah, not Palestine, AFAIAC. The population of “Palestine” (not a country) is … Oh, go and look it up, but some 38,000 are Christian. Many, many more thousands were chased out by …….. Perhaps they had heard too many dumb “jokes”.

(When you’re reelly, reelly desperate for a laugh, you can always knock Christianity, but, fear not, it won’t knock you back, such as saw your head off in a main street in London, or chuck you off a high building for being a bit, Ahem, “different”). Christian women are never made by their husbands to … Oh, you know this already.

And if you check your Bible, you will see St Paul enjoins us to “Take a little wine for thy stomach’s sake”, which will do me fine Thank you very much. Cheers. Apart from that -

BTW - I didn’t start this. But I do enjoy good jokes – the best anti-Christian jokes come from Christians anyway, same as Jewish ones.

Oh – and Grumps just left out a comma, that’s all, I think you know that already. I might have seen worse on this site, but it’s hardly worth the effort to be the Colonel i/c grammar patrol, is it ?

Good evening Ernie,

Now if you want to deliver someone their comeuppance you definitely have it over the other guy (but it was only intended to be a gag!).

Oh – and Grumps just left out a comma, that’s all, I think you know that already. I might have seen worse on this site, but it’s hardly worth the effort to be the Colonel i/c grammar patrol, is it ?

You are of course right but I just can't help myself. I actually respect a good putdown but if that's the path someone chooses to take then they should ensure their own house is in order first. The original effort was abysmal and nothing more than pathetic.

Anyway for your positive response I duly award you this

regards

cajal

"The original effort was abysmal and nothing more than pathetic."

How right you are, it's your your post

As a non believer I still have a bible which I have read many times, my prename is one of the apostles even gave my daughter the name Rebecca, old family names are Moses, Abraham, Isaac and Amos

I am sure these characters existed in the past but as for afterlife heaven etc for me it's the Michael Jackson's "This is it "