What Am I Bid?

Gardian

Is this a bit like one of those sheets of stamps with the Queen's head upside down or with no perforations? Things like that are worth megabucks, so maybe this is Gardian's lottery-winning moment.

Today's Sunday Telegraph has been printed with the title Daily Telegraph. I told the bloke in the shop that it was yesterday's paper and not to be a plonkeur, but he pointed out that I was the plonkeur because it was dated Sunday 8th.

Reasonable offers in 4 figures will be considered.

Some of these comments are very unkind.

No Cajal, it wasn't a dodgy newspaper that he sold me (except for the titling) which has to make it worth a Euro or two!

We do get the 'Sundays' locally on the day, but it can be a bit of a lottery. Believe it or not, the distributers send more copies out of season than they do in the Summer. Result = the Brits on the town campsite in the Summer, who are up with the lark and want to get away from the brood, scoff up all the papers!

Its hard for me to comprehend the reasoning behind this supply / demand conundrum. Suffice to say that I rant, but receive blank stares.

But hey .......... c'est la France!

p.s. Any offers yet?