Which is your favourite day of the week?

mint

Do you have a favourite day?  Maybe, for working folk, it is Sunday.  For parents of young ones, it might be Monday when the kids go back to school.

When I first came to France to live, it took me a while to realise that on Wednesday, many shops, small businesses, schools and even public services were closed.  When I got round to asking why that was, I was told that it was so that parents could have some time mid week to spend with their children.

Me, my favourite day is Friday!  On Friday afternoons, I go for one of my nordic walks (I walk on other days of the week too but Friday's is special and I will explain); it's never a long walk on Fridays, certainly never more than 8 km because we allocate only 2 hours for the walk.

When I get home, it's still afternoon, maybe just after 4 pm.  I have a drink, perhaps a whisky (a favourite), I catch up with OH, my emails, my phone messages, the news.  Then I have a long shower, get into my pyjamas, cook something nice for us to eat.

Might have a glass of wine and feel nicely relaxed whilst I slump against OH on the sofa in front of the TV.

Yes, it might all sound a bit boring and run-of-the-mill and nothing to write home about and I myself do not know why all this matters but it DOES!  I always feel happy and that heaven must be a place where everyday is FRIDAY! 

Wednesday is my favourite day France. There's the smaller, local produce market, then my husband and I meet up with friends for coffee, which often turns into lunch. After lunch there's pétanque with about 20 of us, members of a local association, which lasts up to 3 hours and ends with us all going to a bar for a friendly drink. It's always such an enjoyable day.

Thursday is my favourite day in England, as we have our 2 year old granddaughter with us then, always a lovely day with plenty of fun, although very tiring! At about 17h our DIL arrives with our 5 year old granddaughter, who has a swimming class straight after school. We have tea together, sometimes our son joins us (he has an office upstairs in our home), if he's there, before the girls are taken home to bed.

If it's a family member's birthday then a Sunday is best, as we spend the Sunday nearest to everyone's birthday day we together. We usually visit a country pub for lunch, then everyone comes back to our home to spend more time together until those who live a distance away have to leave.

Actually, since retiring, all days are enjoyable.

Just about any day from midi onwards, hate, loathe, detest mornings unless i am up until dawn, and can go to bed.

Can only shower at the moment, am an unhappy bunny, love a bath, highly unfashionable, but there you go, hate wearing trousers / shorts too, although sometimes i feel i have to.

I am me, a night owl, and do my own thing!!!

Aside from keeping abreast of arrivals, departures, the cleaning and my sports classses/running I would not know what day of the week it is, in fact since Jan 1st I dropped all of the above for a 100% push on the final flat and I have not known what day it is many times.

My favorite is today, Sunday because I can get on witb what I want to and be failrly sure that I wont be disturbed, called off to do something else, all the mid/long term renters go home for the week-end, if I dont have a reservation its unlikely that I will get a last minute one, Sundays are the only days that dont sell out, its a day where I can do all the odd jobs, bricolage, cleaning the workshop, generally playing catch up with no real goal for the day.

I like it around this time, late evening when the week-end departees return and the place comes back to life.

If I took sundays off to go out and enjoy myself I would be swinging from a rope by now as the area is so dead, more so than ever, I feel so sorry for those that live a long way away and have to spend some or most week-ends here, all they seem to do is sleep and I dont blame them.

My favourite is yesterday because I survived it without slip, mishap, or bad news.

Today is shaping up because I've woken up  - a good start of itself - and although a day older apparently no less sound in body and mind than when I went to bed last night.

Given no slips, mishaps, or bad news before I go to bed tonight then tomorrow morning today will assume the title of my favourite

day [:D]

Unless I have a specific reason to mark it, an appointment say, what actual day of the week it is often escapes and being a complete agnostic atheist Sundays are nothing special and are often only notable because of Sunday lunch.

Recently my good day is Thursday.

I can plan my getaway for the weekend (or stay put if I have some event planned)

Thursday evenings I go and teach people to shoot. Until fairly recently this has been horrible as my club seemed to be a dumping ground for loads of kids who were a nightmare - we insist on parents being present but they seemed to drift off...

Anyway, as expected, many stopped coming and we are left with an enthusiastic bunch of adults and kids all willing to listen and learn. Some of them have the potential to be very good too, although there is one lovely Italian lady who should consider taking up say, chess instead.

Later, pack up the car so I can slide away unnoticed on Friday [:)]

My favorite day is today. I look out of the wondow each 'today' and see what the weather is doing and I can plan 'today' around it. When I was at work it was tomorrow, because 'tomorrow' never arrives and it is always an unknown to look forward to.

Now though it's definately today! [8-|] I live for today!

Wise words indeed J-J

Planning is one thing but life is too short to waste any of it.

I've known many people who's only goal in life was to retire.  And then what?

If you don't do something you like when your young and active, it only gets harder as you get older.  Those that only looked forward to retirement never seemed to live very long in the main.

Poor you [:(] I have had the choice every day since 2004, however now with daily guests to manage, meet greet and clean up after my time is no longer mine to choose, thats why the last 3 months with the exception of a few days have been such a pleasure, I may have worked long hours every day 7 days a week on the last flat to the exception of everything else but it was my choice, not a deadline or someone elses will making me do so.

Today is a day off, the first since Jan 1st but a busmans holiday, I will be working elsewhere off site and could not be happier!