Bin Day

NickP

I've begun wearing the same clothes over and over and over again to avoid having to go to the laverie !!!  I suggested husband let me know when I am no longer tolerable to be around in the same room...

Contemplating going without make-up each day to lengthen my supply.  I've delayed that idea out of respect for my husband who has to look at me every minute of every day..

I usually put good clothes on when I leave the house. If I didn't then it would be the scruffs I wear at home and frankly my decent stuff would never get an airing.

Bins though, well, I put them out at about 8 at night and usually am in my evening stuff, which are in winter, soft and fluffy and warm and perfectly good enough to put the bins out in.

There's a video clip around, I can't find a link, of a lady dressing up smartly in heels and well made up, mincing out of her front door with a small bag of rubbish and tossing it into a dustbin ostentatiously and then mincing back home again. Very funny!

[quote user="Lori"]
I've begun wearing the same clothes over and over and over again to avoid having to go to the laverie !!!  I suggested husband let me know when I am no longer tolerable to be around in the same room...

Contemplating going without make-up each day to lengthen my supply.  I've delayed that idea out of respect for my husband who has to look at me every minute of every day..

[/quote]

Mine has had to look at me through decades, including first thing in the morning[:P]  I guess he's used to the sight of me by now.

I do miss putting on the glad rags and the slap though.  No dog now so can't even say "I'm in my dog-walking clothes".

If I go out all dishevelled,  I am almost bound to meet someone I know looking annoying smart and put-together......

• 2 weeks later...
NickP, have you considered something like this little outfit for bin day next week?

[url]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8192901/Amanda-Holden-takes-bin-style-sizzles-shimmering-fuchsia-evening-gown.html[/url]

Don't forget to post a picture so we can all admire your style, stp!

Well, mint, I did try something similar, but as I rode my bike down the chateau driveway I caught my high heels in the pedal straps and fell off. So tomorrow it's back to the Lycra. Sorry about no pictures, but I can't work out how to add pics.