Lori’s absence

anotherbanana

[quote user="anotherbanana"]For those of you who wanted to know why she has disappeared, I can tell you that she is pupating and will re-emerge in a little while.[/quote]

What are you saying then?  That she's undergoing some body re-alignments and taking on board some shots of Botox with some tattoos thrown in for good measure? She is quite young afterall, by most standards on here, and isn't that how the young pupate these days?

You are sweet to notice my absence.

We have MOVED !  We are now in the lovely (and warm) village of Sainte-Cécile-les-Vignes.  We had never even seen the house we have rented - only by video from a portable.  So, we expected the worst.  We are quite happy !  Lovely home, so quiet, yet right in the middle of the village. with a totally private, good sized cours.  There is an exceptional Saturday market, right out our front door.

Have bought a car; was a challenge as our garage is small.  Clio was just too difficult to get in and out, so went with a Twingo III (a model with a 95 CV motor).

Still some quirky bits to work out, but we are here.  We got the keys on the 3rd of June.  Movers arrived a day late (over heated engine - so they said) on 5 June.  So, we've been very busy cleaning and getting unpacked.

Quite happy now.  If any of you make your way over here, please stop in for a visit.  Now, the search for the house to purchase gets more serious.

I've missed you all !

Thank you Loiseau.  Ste.-Cécile is located in the Northern most region of the Vaucluse (84).  It is about 12 kms northeast of Orange.  About 20kms west of Vaison-la-Romaine and 5kms from Cairanne.

It is a beautiful area surrounded by the hills of the Drome, Mt. Ventoux and the Dentelles.

The house is amazingly cool (in 33 degree heat) and extremely quiet (considering we are in the center of town, just across from the Mairie).

I hope we continue to like the place.  Owner and agent have been very  nice so far.

Lori wrote the following post at 12 Jun 2021 19:46:

The house is amazingly cool (in 33 degree heat) and extremely quiet (considering we are in the center of town, just across from the Mairie).

I hope we continue to like the place. Owner and agent have been very nice so far.

Brilliant news .. congratulations to both of you .. you have taken the first steps on the road to your new life outside Paris ?

Thank you all for the well wishes.  Hopefully things will go along in a positive way.  Time will tell.

We bought a car.  It gets delivered this coming Thursday. 

Today's task is painting an atelier that is above the garage.  All these old dependances are filled with dust from a million years.  So, we bought a shop vac and yesterday I cleaned the future 'atelier.'  So today we will paint it.  Also must vacuum the grenier - which I'd say hasn't been vacuumed or tidied up in my lifetime..  So far so good with the new Black & Decker vacuum.

Agree Mint, but husband wants to do his painting up there, so tidying the atelier was at top of list.  I also need to put a few boxes from the garage up there and didn't want to do that until we had finished getting it cleaned up and painted.

It is definitely hot outside.  I went out to put some of the cut up move boxes into the recycling bin.  One was full, so I walked to another one and the concrete surrounding the bins was being re-paved, so it was closed by a fence.  Walked my sac back home.  It was hot.  You'd never know it inside the house though.  Quite cool. 

Wonder what it will be like in winter??  House has a new pompe a chaleur installed.  Hopefully it will work well.