CSG claim I am going to cry...

Anna

I sent a copy of Parsnips wonderful letter and took out the bits that were not relevant for our claim in Dec2015.

I sent an attestation (dated 2007) Our E121's ( here I am confused because all they looked like were forms but with signatures from Newcastles office) .And we sent all paid CSG bills relating to said years.

We received this letter below and because of giant language problems a French friend talked to the Author of the letter (see below please). It appears my errors are that the attestation should be a new one like of todays date rather than 2007! Also he said the E121 was in English so was of no use!! So is that why he wants a new attestation . He went on to say that he could not discuss anything else with my friend as he needs written authorisation, which is fare enough. I could cry, I just new it could not go smoothly. Please , I would appreciate it if someone could read his letter below, but because it was a pdf email I could not copy it so any spelling mistakes are my fault.

What does your E121 look like , please? Do we need to ask for anything else at CPAM or will the new attestation imply are health is paid by UK? Thank you Anna

here is his email

Vous avez déposé une réclamation tendant à la restitution des prélèvements sociaux dus à raison des revenus de capitaux mobliers et des professions non salariées que vous avez réalisés au cours des années 2012, 2013 et 2014 en invoquantles décisions < de Ruyter>, rendues par ka Cour de Justice de l'Union européenne et par le Conseil d'État.

Afin de permettre l'examen de votre demande, il vous appartient de justifier de votre affiliation à un régime de sécurité sociald'un autre Etat membre de l'Union européenne, de l'Espace économique européen ou de la Suisse au titre de la période sollicitée.

A cet égard , vous pourrez notamment en justifier par la production:

de tout document suffisamment probant indiquant de façon claire l'organisme de sécurité sociale de votre rattachement et la période d'affiliation;

d'un justificatif de paiement des cotisations (bulletin de salaire mentionnant des retenues à titre de cotisations sociales ou titre de pension émanant d'un organisme de retraite publique, etc);

je vous remercie de m'adresser, dans le délai de 30 jours, votre réponse accompagnée d'un relevé d'identité bancaire.

je me tiens à votre disposition pour toute question relative à ce courrier et vous prie de croire, Madame, Monsieur, à l'assurance de ma considération distinguée

[quote user="Anna"]I sent a copy of Parsnips wonderful letter and took out the bits that were not relevant for our claim in Dec2015.

I sent an attestation (dated 2007) Our E121's ( here I am confused because all they looked like were forms but with signatures from Newcastles office) .And we sent all paid CSG bills relating to said years.

We received this letter below and because of giant language problems a French friend talked to the Author of the letter (see below please). It appears my errors are that the attestation should be a new one like of todays date rather than 2007! Also he said the E121 was in English so was of no use!! So is that why he wants a new attestation . He went on to say that he could not discuss anything else with my friend as he needs written authorisation, which is fare enough. I could cry, I just new it could not go smoothly. Please , I would appreciate it if someone could read his letter below, but because it was a pdf email I could not copy it so any spelling mistakes are my fault.

What does your E121 look like , please? Do we need to ask for anything else at CPAM or will the new attestation imply are health is paid by UK? Thank you Anna

here is his email

Vous avez déposé une réclamation tendant à la restitution des prélèvements sociaux dus à raison des revenus de capitaux mobliers et des professions non salariées que vous avez réalisés au cours des années 2012, 2013 et 2014 en invoquantles décisions < de Ruyter>, rendues par ka Cour de Justice de l'Union européenne et par le Conseil d'État.

Afin de permettre l'examen de votre demande, il vous appartient de justifier de votre affiliation à un régime de sécurité sociald'un autre Etat membre de l'Union européenne, de l'Espace économique européen ou de la Suisse au titre de la période sollicitée.

A cet égard , vous pourrez notamment en justifier par la production:

de tout document suffisamment probant indiquant de façon claire l'organisme de sécurité sociale de votre rattachement et la période d'affiliation;

d'un justificatif de paiement des cotisations (bulletin de salaire mentionnant des retenues à titre de cotisations sociales ou titre de pension émanant d'un organisme de retraite publique, etc);

je vous remercie de m'adresser, dans le délai de 30 jours, votre réponse accompagnée d'un relevé d'identité bancaire.

je me tiens à votre disposition pour toute question relative à ce courrier et vous prie de croire, Madame, Monsieur, à l'assurance de ma considération distinguée[/quote]

Hi,

The person who wrote that letter clearly doesn't know what he/she is doing; all you need to send is the 2007 E121.   All the stuff about the date , and language of the E121, cotisations and pensions ,is garbage.

The E121 is a single sheet, mostly empty, form (A4) with E121  and GB in boxes at the top right hand side.

The fact that they have asked for a RIB seems to imply that they are going to reimburse at some stage.

If you get any more nonsense find the details of the "Conciliateur Fiscal" for your departement ,and send copies of all correspondence to him asking for his intervention.   Do all your communication with the tax office in writing (email is best) so you have written evidence of their mistakes.

Thank you very much Parsnips.

I received his letter by email and as you say keep everything.

Is there a link I can send the Tax CSG man that will point him in the correct way how he should proceed please.

I suppose I must get a new attestation or I will have nothing to send him!! What words could I use in French that perhaps say maybe something to the effect that if he does not find the E121 and new attestation acceptable as other departments have I will proceed to the Concilliateur Fiscal. What would you suggest I am totally at a loss. The French friend who spoke on my behalf asked could I have a meeting with him and he said No.

Hi Anna, we had the same problem with virtually the same email. See my posts on P10 of the thread "Re: latest on those pesky social contributions, please"

Hope this helps. We haven't heard anything since we sent the last load of documents to them! By the way, which dept are you in as they are definitely not all singing from the same hymn book.

[quote user="Anna"]

I suppose I must get a new attestation or I will have nothing to send him!! .[/quote]

Do you not have an Ameli online account ? If you do then an up-to-date attestation is yours at the touch of a button and a couple of online clicks.

If not then a visit to your nearest CPAM will solve that problem.

It sounds to me as though you have encountered a young whippersnapper who does not realise that an E121 preceded the current S1. As he has probably not read the relevant code of practice and has never seen an E121 he therefore protects his viewpoint with bluster.

It is very strange that he will not grant you an appt. You could ring your tax office and ask for an appt with an agent. They have to grant you that by right.

Keep going, you are right and this person is wrong, proving it is tedious but necessary.

Sue

Thank you Fittersmate and Sue in56 for the encouragement, I certainly need it.

On the 14th I filled in the request for a code on Amelia to gain access but it said it would take up to 10 days and I presume it will come in the post as it did not ask for an email address . If not it's a trip to Agen as we are in area 47.

The email from the Tax person was sent to me on the 13/01 yet within the letter it's dated 08/01 . He says I have 30 days to complete . Will this mean from the date of when he wrote the letter on the 8th or when he decided to send it to me by email on the 13th ? ?

The Ameli attestation only gives your status for the current six (or possibly twelve?) months. It does not give the historical details you need for your CSG claim.

The E121 and S1 forms are standard in design and content across the EU - the only difference is the wording in each section is in the local language. So there should be no problems understanding the form if you have a UK version and a French version side-by-side.

I don't think the French can issue you with an E121/S1 but they can countersign it to prove your historical record. You will need to get it from the UK - possibly best to try phoning first.

Thank you pomme. But I have the correct copy of our E121, which the man who is handling the claim has recieved but he says its in English therefore needs current attestation!!! Rather than the Year 2007 attestation that I had sent him, as Parsnips confirmed that should have been good enough.

Talking again to my French friend that had a brief conversation with him on the phone on my behalf it appears he said what I sent him was not the same as others sent. I think perhaps he has looked at someone's S1 and sees that ours says E121, perhaps! Who knows how heir minds think?

Idun ! we went to CPAM this afternoon and showed them the letter that the tax man wrote ( which is on page 1 of this topic) .

They said all he needed was a new attestation that they printed off for us as our code to join Amelia had nor come through.

They even sent us upstairs to International to see another person and she also read his letter and said the new attestation would suffice.

So tomorrow I will email it to him and also I have found a letter from UK that states they (UK) accepts we are entitled to an E121, in English so he won't be happy as we sent him our E121 but he said they were in English and was not pleased, as told to me by my French friend who spoke with him on the phone prior.

Because of the language problem I an not very brave and can honestly say I felt sick waiting to see someone at CPAM but they were very pleasant and reassuring . Whilst showing them other papers they pointed out that the green attestation I had was only associated to the Carte vital and the new attestation was different and what the tax man needed. In what way different I don't know, but as long as it will do .

Thinking about it , why I wonder could that tax man not just have phoned CPAM and get the confirmation he wanted. Thank you all for your help I will let you know what happens.

This morning I have emailed him 7 documents which he required within his Mb that he stated "must not be exceeded"! And all well within his 30day period of allowed correspondence regarding the case .

Before when I sent him documents I did recorded delivery so he had to sign for them , I am panicking as I have realised he could say he never received my email, shall I make hard copies of everything I sent by email and do another recorded deliver. Our French friend wrote the email for us and said that if we have not heard anything by mid Feb we would go to the Conciliator Fiscal, its all so scary.

Thank you Hereford. I researched and downloaded an extension for chrome called Streak that will associate with gmail, so now when I send the email this morning asking if he had received all PDF's on Jan 26th and would he confirm this to me, Streak lets me know he has opened it.

I tested Streak with many friends and it works a dream and is not seen as spam etc, could be useful for others here perhaps!

If I hear no reply I will send all the documents by recorded delivery on Saturday. At least its proof we tried and he didn't.

Oooerrr, he opened the email last night at 6.34pm (streak tracker sent me the message) and the tax man then sent an email to me at 6.42pm to say that he had received all 7 pdf's and would proceed to view the case!

Surprised he was working so late, poor thing!!

• 2 weeks later...
Yikes , yesterday a letter arrived to say that they agree to pay ( but not that 2%, that others have spoke about) plus interest , if we disagree we have 2 months to say so.

Shall I email him to say we accept so that we and themselves don't have to wait the 2 months . I am thinking we might get the money sooner if we say we agree, what do you think?

A big thank you to all that have encouraged me to apply and especially to Parsnips who I think kicked the whole thing into being in the first place, bless you all Anna xx

We did not get any interest even though the letter talks about it!

Glad it has all worked out in the end.

One of our friends (who has not made a claim for back years yet) has been told not to pay this year's amount which is interesting.  We are in the same tax district but have been told nothing about the current year.