The Lounge

Dick Smith

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catalpa - http://www.thatsfrance.com/ but they have closed the forum which is a shame.

Opas – I am not so sure what the ironed knickers did for his wife, I think he was enjoying ironing so much he got carried away. E’r in doors said men are made for ironing because it is one of those thinks that needs no intelligence.

Ali@rds – That’s one of the reasons we don’t take children, it’s far less stressful and you can’t get in to trouble with the social services.

Cathy – Do they call them Girl Scouts now? When I was a lad I joined the girl guides. Well I worked on the theory that if I did have to go away and live in a tent for two weeks every summer with twelve other teenagers it would be much better if they were all girls rather than boys.[;-)]

John - I THINK I can see where you are coming from with that logic. [:D]

"You can please some of the people some of the time, but NEVER all of the people all of the time".

However.....

for the people that are HERE all of the time, things AREN'T  the same for all of the people.

And that ain't fair!

I know you will understand that one Dick.

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Michael"]Yep Quillans reply sums it up, hope i have not broken the rules by that remark.Michael.[/quote]

Not at all Michael.

The irony (as Dick mentioned) is that some currently banned members from this forum and some of the current members of this forum are complaining that on the forum they are now using people are posting whatever they like and where is the administrator and in particular where are the moderators. You should go and have a look. What’s even funnier is that it appears that one member who fought so hard to get another banned from this forum is chatting away to that banned member on the other forum as if they are almost best mates. It’s all rather amusing really. I was wondering if the other forum would like to hire the LF moderators to look after it for them now it’s nice and quiet here and we have a bit of spare time (in between moderating here and doing the ironing of course).

[/quote]

Blimey Quillan, I find your post very hard to read and take in.  Have you never heard of full stops or commas?  As a moderator on this forum I would of thought you wouldn't get much time to view other forums, yet you seem to know the ins and outs of who is posting where!  Why are you asking folk to look at another site where there are members who are banned from here?  Its almost as though you are mocking them.  That seems highly unfair to me, seeing as you find it all so amusing. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but its just my point of view.

Dotty

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Only one active thread and that filled with garbage.

[/quote]

What's wrong with garbage?  Is Garbage 'out' now?

I really must keep up.

Dick, you don't think that site has anything to do with the Miki That I Hope Will Come Back Here One Day, do you?

[quote user="Dick Smith"]No, I don't think it has anything to do with the Miki you hope will come back one day.

It doesn't even have anything to do with ritual humiliation and the abuse of power.
[/quote]

But if it doesn't have anything to do with those two (or three) things, what on earth is that site about?

PS. And why am I the last person up, before the clubbers/insomniacs arrive?

Oh Danny boy, the pipes the pipes are calling

From glen to glen and down the mountainside

The summer's gone and all the leaves are falling

Tis you tis you must go and I must bide

Well you did say we could talk about anything.  Aint over till the fat lady sings

Oh that is a very sad song. But there are others.

You reminded me of Judith Durham, and every sad song she ever sang with The Seekers ... like this

Say goodbye, my own true lover,
As we sing a lover's song.
How it breaks my heart to leave you,
Now the carnival is gone....

I've come over all tragic...[:(]