Bonne Fete des Meres!

TWINKLE

Happy mothers Day to all you ladies!

My daughter made me a beautiful present I haven't a clue what it  is but I love it!

I haven't lifted a finger all day except to drink my aperitif which was served to me on the sofa in front of  4 episodes of Eastenders (I can hear you judging me from here[:P]).

I was then led out into the garden for a feast of grilled sardines and  a lovely salad followed by goats cheese and a mini Magnum all washed down with ice-cold rosé.

This evening I'm going to a tiny weeny fete where I was singing on Friday and I'm gonna ambush the karaoké evening and sing out of tune 'cos' I'm not being paid!  Copious amounts of muscat will help a lot[:-))]

It's Mother Day and I'll do what I want!!!

Oh My God I sound like Opas[8-)]

What didn't you do to-day girls?

It's good to be appreciated, especially as you can celebrate Mother's Day twice - the British one and the French one.

I take the day off on my birthday, starting with vodka cocktails for breakfast and including doing a jigsaw on the kitchen table (if I'm sober enough). 

Just so that the men know - believe it or not, jigsaws are indulgences when you are a mother because everyone always wants the table and little hands grab the little pieces.

When my neigbour told me of the fete I rushed around finding suitable stuff to celebrate the day with, we don't live near the sea so I'm thinking 'Gotta think sea.....be creative boy'. I got a cube of sand and plonked it in the garden to make sandcastles from, dug out a few deckchairs, managed to concoct some knotted hankies, no shells here so the shells were pasta shells. Open the wine, light the barbie and then we have our own ' fete of the sea'. Good job we've got the language or we might have misunderstood!

Hope y'all enjoyed it as we did, Chris 

I too enjoy 2 x mothers days. 

Today though I was left asleep until, wait for it 10.30am, whoohoo.  Then had coffee in bed and loads of school made cards.  To top it all the kids thought it great to bring the cats in, muddy paws and all.  We all sat in bed flicking through german satelite, as that's all we can get, with the kids telling me how much they loved me.

Spent the rest to the day at my mothers, had a lovely big old roastie and played rounders.  Cool.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Happy mothers Day to all you ladies!

My daughter made me a beautiful present I haven't a clue what it  is but I love it!

I haven't lifted a finger all day except to drink my aperitif which was served to me on the sofa in front of  4 episodes of Eastenders (I can hear you judging me from here[:P]).

I was then led out into the garden for a feast of grilled sardines and  a lovely salad followed by goats cheese and a mini Magnum all washed down with ice-cold rosé.

This evening I'm going to a tiny weeny fete where I was singing on Friday and I'm gonna ambush the karaoké evening and sing out of tune 'cos' I'm not being paid!  Copious amounts of muscat will help a lot[:-))]

It's Mother Day and I'll do what I want!!!

Oh My God I sound like Opas[8-)]

What didn't you do to-day girls?

[/quote]

No bad thing sounding like Opas  I take it! Start to worry when you sing like Outcast[:P]

Ah well I did it my way!

Off to Spain early doors to the Market at Jonquera for some seedlings for my potager, also bought hams and charcuterie. We then drove down to Empurabrava (sp) for lunch on the beach, Paddled my newly Pedicured feet(thanks to Mikis welcome back party........where is he by the way?)  oh and 37c air temp!!!

Roast lamb sunday Dinner with Australian cabernet to ease it down.

The girls then remembered that they had bought me a prezzie........er, it was 8 pm! So we had prezzie opening of the scented candle in a glass and mirror holder, lovely.

Yo, me hearties, better late than never!   I put this on TF, but nobody wants to play with me there today, except Thomas16, but he's a bit far away, and I've already drunk the coffee.

Of course, it had to have a strange start, innit, cos it was me! Lady next door called my name, and she was reaching over the high fence with a big bunch of flowers from her garden for me! They were lovely, and I said how kind, thank you very much, then she said Happy Mother's Day, and I said you too, and then suddenly she started crying! "I know you've lost a child" she sobbed, "and so have I, he died in a car crash, and I hate Mother's Day, it just upsets me too much". Merde alors! So obviously I had to go through to see her, poor soul.

But I thought merde again, is there one family in this beau pays who doesn't have a road death or a suicide in it?

Anyway, got back to my (almost!) fresh coffee and pains au chocolat, and baguette and home-made cherry jam, yummy, then took the Boy to do whatever he does with horses, then bought a HUGE bouquet of flowers for my maman adoptive down the road. Then rôti de veau en sauce basquaise with friends for lunch, followed by cheeses and then strawberries in port and lemon.

Wandered home via another house (as you do), then the lunchtime friends arrived to cool down in the pool, so that passed another couple of hours. The two boys stayed in the other house to watch les Chevaliers du Ciel (EXCELLENT FILM!) on their home cinema thingy whatsit setup.

But hasn't someone just turned the heat on! Over 30° both days, just appeared out of nowhere. Everything that was quite happy in cupboards now has to be put in the fridge, which I'm sure has halved in size overnight!

Shame it has to be Monday again! Boy off to school at 8, he'll be back about 5.45. Mr SB off to work at 8, he'll be back about 7pm.

Just me and the dog. AGAIN......... anyone fancy dropping by?

You sound like you had a great day  SB.

Agree on the weather front, I feel like one of the workers at the moment, going off to see to my potager at 6.30 to plant and water. Its almost like the M25 on the place at that time[Www] with all the Portugese piling into their vans with flaggons of water.

The lamb coucous that sounded so appetising last week doesn`t now seem such a good idea in this heat!

Get into the pool and then chill out with a decent book.........time will fly, Or you could always go fruit picking!

SB - if you were only just a little bit closer.  I'd love to go

over for a visit.  I'm in the same boat.  Daughter back to

school, hubbie still overseas.   LONELY !!

I did enjoy a lovely day yesterday too.  Went to have lunch with

friends in Malaucene.  Good food, good company and very good kids.

Don't feel lonely !

Thanks Christine.

I did manage to do something productive this morning.  Cleaned all the windows inside and out - that was an accomplishment.

I figure around 2 pm 'ish  I'll go for a swim - I certainly need the exercise.  Need some sun too !  

At least SB's hubbie comes home this evening.  I miss mine ..

I wish it was that often.  Fraid not.  It is just the way it

has to be.  Our situation is kind of odd, but we deal with it

pretty well.  There are just some times when it is more difficult

than others.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread....

It's freezing cold in Wales.  More like November than June.  It is not mothers day.  I have just made myself a cake.  It looked lovely in the recipe book and I have started to eat it but it is really yukkie.  My husband is bored and is following me around the house saying things like "What are you doing" which is driving me up the wall and then he goes off muttering to himself because I havnt cleared up after making my cake.

Now if I were in France and my husband working away.   Hmmmm...   Never happy are we.

So true.  I can relate to you Katie.  About a year ago, my

husband was on a break between assignements.  He was here for 5

months, 24/7.  Love him dearly, but could have strung him up

then.....   24/7 with anyone can be too much. 

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

[/quote]

Twinkle, have sent you a PM.

Lou.

[quote]We've done the him-working-in-England and me-staying-here thing,

did it for a year and a half.   It's really not

nice.   We'd have gone back to Southampton rather than carry on like that! [/quote]

You sure about that [:D]