Netiquette

irnbru

I am fascinated by the recent thread being locked because "netiquette" determines that one does not discuss another forum. I presume there wll be other matters of understanding and protocol in this "netiquette". In the remarkable anarchy of the web, how did such protocol get arrived at? I guess there has been a gradual organic growth. Has understanding of what is on and not on spread by some strange process of cyber osmosis? And how is one supposed to know what the rules are? Quite fascinating

I ask out of academic curiosity and also in case there are international conferences of forum admins and moderators and I am missing out on a good hooley. (Tried to put a smiley here but it didn't work)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dick Smith"]It's allegorical.

Why didn't anyone get my reference to Spot-On in another thread?
[/quote]

Dick - I thought you were referring to animal flea treatment, but it was really something else.

Weren't they made by Tri-Ang? Or am I thinking of another brand?

This whole thing has become quite stupid. "This website is for anyone who wants to know more about France" indeed. Anybody except identifiable users of this forum more like it. They gratutitously ban us, yet because there is an agreement between the two forums we can't talk about it. Sorry, but that sounds like a one-sided agreement and I am amazed that a proper publishing company like Archant allows itself to be dictated to by a single, small, spare-time website. By the way, the unmentionable place seems to be back now.

I think you are all attention email seeking from James as he slaps your wrists for mentioning you know what.Does anyone know what James looks like? I imagine hime to be about 25 years old with a rugged look a bit like Jesus Christ, does anyone know out there and am I completely wrong!!!!!

Well, like it or lump it, (as they say here abouts) the fact remains we DO have the agreement so we should abide by it.

I have met James - I'm not familiar with Cateram 7s but I reckon he is as tall as my son who is 6ft 2in and probably in the 27 - 34 age bracket - could be wrong though.........

Every forum develops a sort of 'flavour' different strokes for different folks.........

BTW...... I like a good party [:D]

He could fit in the Caterham as long as the hood is down and his knees are double-jointed.  Two mates of mine are coming over from England to do a hill climb in Brittany later this year in theirs.  I don't know if they are bringing a grown-up car as well ...

Was not far out with the age, I wonder if he wears the full kit when he is driving his caterham, you know, those goggle things and leather  gloves and the hat with flaps, oh yes, I can imagine him being very english and a tad uppercrust.

If you had kept those Spot On toys Dick, they would be worth a fortune by now, even without the box, the London Routemaster bus by Spot-On regularly commands £250 plus on Ebay.  I suppose the Triang/ Pedigree factory between S Wimbledon and Morden has long gone or has it? 

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]

Why must he be quite small Dick?

Edit. Sorry I didn't mean my question to look like that. 

[/quote]

I don't mean to do Dick's work for him, but that's why the good lord gave us punctuation!

[quote user="KathyC"][quote user="KatieKopyKat"]

Why must he be quite small Dick?

Edit. Sorry I didn't mean my question to look like that. 

[/quote]

I don't mean to do Dick's work for him, but that's why the good lord gave us punctuation!

[/quote]

Did I incorrectly punctuate then?  Sorry more of a maths mind myself. [Www]