Last Word

JohnM

Reading some of the posts, in the "conversation" threads, I can not help but think that "having the last word" is more important than actually taking note of what has gone on before. Sooo.... The "Last Word" contest starts here. If you reply to any posts in this thread, you must write something original and, if nobody else posts (with something original) after you for at least 48 hours, you are entitled to wear the virtual "Last Word" crown until such time as somebody takes it from you (by being the last word for at least 48 hours). At this point in time, I am winning.... only got to last 47hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds and 99 hundredths of a second and I will be the crowned head of Last Words.[:D]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to nominate Pangur in the Who is ruining it... thread from about 10 days ago for quite the best last word (well, words, quite a lot of them and not all his / hers) but anyway, they were words which brought things to such a stylishly tidy conclusion. And that happens so rarely! [:-))]

Whoa there Cassis! I read the thread briefly and the word cheat was used with a 'twinkle' ('scuse the pun Twinks) in the eye, I don't even need to re-read it, KKK was just a jestin'. Wots up with you lot?  There's nothing to be won or lost here, perhaps it's just a Machiavellian (sp?) plot between KKK and Cassis to get the last word in? Boy this internet thing is just weird!

Chris

[quote user="Chris Head"]

Whoa there Cassis! I read the thread briefly and the word cheat was used with a 'twinkle' ('scuse the pun Twinks) in the eye, I don't even need to re-read it, KKK was just a jestin'. Wots up with you lot?  There's nothing to be won or lost here, perhaps it's just a Machiavellian (sp?) plot between KKK and Cassis to get the last word in? Boy this internet thing is just weird!

Chris

[/quote]

Cheers Chris,  Nail on the head.  It is sorted now anyway.  Cant believe I lured myself into an argument over cement potatoes. 

[quote user="pads"]

I think i may have the last word here.............................its Zut

Its the last word in my french dictionary

do I win?[blink]

[/quote]

To be fair to other EU member states I have consulted my German dictionary and it's "Zypresse".

(Cypress tree)

Oh, and my head is so not like a yak that I'm thinking of trading in George for a more realistic and better looking avatar.  He's not ageing too well, and he will not be playing me in the film of my life any more.  He's now got the part of my Dad.

Patrick

[quote user="Patmobile"][quote user="pads"]

do I win?[blink]

[/quote]

To be fair to other EU member states I have consulted my German dictionary and it's "Zypresse".

(Cypress tree)

Oh, and my head is so not like a yak that I'm thinking of trading in George for a more realistic and better looking avatar.  He's not ageing too well, and he will not be playing me in the film of my life any more.  He's now got the part of my Dad.

Patrick

[/quote] stamp spit Huh ........!!!!!!!! im not playing any more[:P]

[quote user="Patmobile"]
[/quote]

Oh no! KKK what did you say about the yak for?[8-)] We might lose Georgie boy now![:(]

BTW There's nothing wrong with an older man especially when he looks like that![;-)]

[quote user="Patmobile"][quote user="pads"]

do I win?[blink]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A good english dictionary should list ZYZYGY - its an astronomical term. Only 6 letter word in the english language without a vowel. Not much use in Scrabble though.

rgds

Hagar