Form 2047k pink

Kelly

HI, just received the pink form today and it looks to have changed.

can anybody tell me where to put our various pensions.

my husband has the State Pension and a local government pension.

I have just started to receive a small private company pension from September last year.

also can anybody help me with my company pension, I have taken a lump sum, 25% tax free and then a small monthly amount. where do I put the lump sum, it's a one off payment so don't want to just put it with the monthly payments. it would help to know where it goes on the blue forms for when they arrive.

many thanks.

I have been asking the same question about the new form on other forums.  The only replies bang on about doing it online instead.  Not helpful.  I don't understand French well enough and one misplaced click could end in tears.  [:(]

I would go see your 'tax man' and explain to him/her. You should have something from HMRC about not paying tax on the 25% (I think it is a P60, cannot remember now). I took an interpreter and ended up not paying any tax on it in France. The tax guy filled my return in online in front of me then printed it out a copy. Cost me about 60 Euros for the interpreter but then it could have potentially saved me a lot more.

I, too, have received the form this morning.  At first glance, the elements seem familiar and there is not a great deal of difference from the old declaration.  But then, our income is very simple and has changed very little since our first declaration.

The detailed notes, if a bit wordy and detailed as all such documents seem to be, are actually most helpful.

As the next few weeks roll by, people will discovers bit of it they need to talk about and, no doubt, many will come here to discuss them.  Then, our own Parsnips who is helpfulness itself will step in and put us all on the right track[:D]

This has been the case over the 8 years or so where I have taken advice from the forum to fill in my declarations and no official bod has ever questioned whether I have done them correctly!

Now that you mention it, I think it was Parsnips that posted a detailed explanation of how to fill the forms in a couple of years ago.  Ever since then I have just filled in the same boxes every year.  The last time it changed in a minor way Parsnips clarified it for all.  I know people with lots of pensions and investments, etc. can have a pretty complicated time of it but happilly(?) I only have one basic UK state pension to declare and no savings so hopefully it will be simple.

Yes, I can see when I really sat down to study it, although they have stopped using the roman numerals and where I usually put the local government amount in Number 6, or Vll. the wording on number 7 looked very similar, just either l'impot Francais or l'impot Etranger at the end. which worried me a bit. hopefully they will keep the blue forms the same.

many thanks for the replies

Got the 2047 this morning, I agree it's a bit daunting when things have changed when you just seem to have got used to the old forms. I reckon I'm going to wait till I get the 2042 and see if anything there's changed, before I put pen to paper, and keep my fingers crossed that someone like Parsnips will be along soon to point us in the right direction.

[quote user="soupagirl"]Got the 2047 this morning, I agree it's a bit daunting when things have changed when you just seem to have got used to the old forms. I reckon I'm going to wait till I get the 2042 and see if anything there's changed, before I put pen to paper, and keep my fingers crossed that someone like Parsnips will be along soon to point us in the right direction.[/quote]

Sounds like a good plan soupagirl - I'll be doing the same :)

• 2 weeks later...
I emailed our local tax office over the weekend asking for an explanation of the equivalent sections that I had completed last year.

I received a reply this morning and I quote:-

"Les rubriques sont identiques, seule la présentation et les tableaux ont été repensés pour faciliter l'utilisation de l'imprimé."

Hope this clears things up a bit!

Ceejay, I would be very grateful if you could explain a little more . Because I have been doing research and finding that another forum is also talking about just where to put the UK bank interest that has NOT had tax taken out , the agreement seems to be that it does not go where many people had put it previous , ( 2015/14 inbox IV B Autres revenue de valeurs page 2) But to put it in on the new format pink 2047 part 25, page3?! Revenue n'ouvrant pas droit à abattement, third line down so it corrosponds with 2TR so we end up the same place on the blue form as previous years but not on the new pink one.

So for you if nothing's changed which place would you be referring to for bank interest gross? Thank you . Sorry if I have confused anyone as I am certainly confused now.

Anna, I think you are right. My reasoning for this change is as follows:

Last year I entered interest in section IV – 2 -(B – Autres revenus de valeurs mobilières et revenus assimilés) in column 8, then totals in ‘D’ and ‘TR’. No calculations were done for me.

However on reviewing my supplication on line the impots had moved my interest to section IV – 1 REVENUS N’OUVRANT

PAS DROIT À ABATTEMENT – INTÉRÊTS ET AUTRES PRODUITS DE PLACEMENT À REVENU FIXE (crédit d’impôt inclus) and hence TR. They made this change without telling me. This corresponds to section 25 this year.

As you say, the numbers arrive in the right place on 2042.

As far as tax is concerned I don't explain anything!!!

All I have done is copy what the local tax office have given me, if that makes sense then fine, if not then we are back to square one.

Personally I have yet to make a judgement!!!!!!

Kong... Anyone ...please ... this new place on page 3 for UK bank interest is this where gross interest from the bank would go ? Or is it for bank interest that has had tax taken out?

Anna getting more confused than ever, sorry.

It is for bank interest paid gross. From what I understand you declare gross to france and need to reclaim any tax paid in the UK from HMRC.

For example I had some Granny bonds mature (Over 65 guaranteed x%) and they nicked the standard 20%. So I have had to claim that back from HMRC., but I have declared the gross to france.

If you ask at the Mairie maybe there is a permanence.

And if there is not, then personally I would go onto google.fr and ask this question

Service des impôts des particuliers du centre des finances publiques ?????

and add to that search  the main city in your departement and call them and ask these questions or ask where there is a permanence locally and go and see them there. When necessary I have driven a long way in the past to the Hotel des Impots with all my papers and had someone go over them with me.

I was never prepared to go through this 'worry' you seem to be putting yourself through.

[quote user="Kong"]It is for bank interest paid gross. From what I understand you declare gross to france and need to reclaim any tax paid in the UK from HMRC.

For example I had some Granny bonds mature (Over 65 guaranteed x%) and they nicked the standard 20%. So I have had to claim that back from HMRC., but I have declared the gross to france.[/quote]

Kong, that is exactly right, everything you have said here.

Only other thing to add is that my interest on the granny bonds will be paid gross in future so that is good news for me as then, the interest could be compounded instead of being "nicked" like you have said and will be "lost" from the capital in the bond forever as you can't top up the bonds.

I thought I'd understood the instructions for the form but having read the posts here I'm now confused as to which box on the 2047 UK bank/building society gross interest should be inserted.

I thought that it should go on page 2 ie

2. Revenus de valeurs et cap mob imposable en france because it is revenu from the UK taxable in France which I thought that is what the title meant so I've entered it (in pencil pending info on the forum!) in box 222 Montant net encaisse then put the total in 228 and then again in 230 (2TR) ignoring box 223 to 227 as I haven't paid tax on it in the UK.

Page 3 25 Revenu des valeurs mobilieres francaises et revenus assimiles I thought that this title means that it's for interest received from French banks.

I would be very grateful if someone could explain (in simple terms for a simple gal) and tell me where to stick it (politely please).

thanks Mrs KG

I think you are right to use lines 220-230 if you are using a paper declaration. In this case you can write what you like where you like. But if like me and some others you do your declaration on line you will find you cannot enter 0% on line 223 and the form blocks you from continuing. There are two solutions for onliners, 1st enter a taux of 0.1% which will round the interest taxed to zero, a bit of a fiddle, or 2nd use section 25. As I mentioned in my earlier post my tax office moved the amount to the equivalent of section 25 last year (wrongly? each tax office has its own agenda).

Which ever way you do it make sure 2TR is populated and transferred to form 2042.