Dick

Chris Head

I don't get any of this, must be a bit hard of herring.

Scallops to the lot of you.

I think if anybody has to ask about irony, they don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of understanding the concept. I had heard of the two rowers, in fact I even watched nearly a whole TV prog about them. If it's on the telly it must be right, eh? All the article proves is that one half of most big corporations doesn't know what the other half is doing, not much irony there. Just hoping for a cheap laugh from stating the bleeding obvious, methinks. 

[quote user="Chris Head"]

Dick, this is important.

[/quote]

Online translators, the bored housewife's best friend.......

English-German-English.     Thickly this is important.

English-Chinese-English.     Cheney is important.

English-Greek-French.         Ce Dick est important.

Online translators, the bored housewife's best friend

English -German- English.         On-line translator, the bored best friend of the housewife

English- Portugese- English.      Translators in line, more better friend of housewife pierced

English- Russian- English          Online translators, the friend of that drilled housewife's the best

[:D]

Since posting about the trivia quiz in the Lighter Side, I have read about irony in this post, and would like to assure all that I was not being ironic in my post, which on re-reading may appear to the reader, or Dick, to be the case.

I am genuinely worried about the quiz pop up, especially the ones which appear to be poor quality printing.

I may, or may not, be wrong about the quiz pop up, but I was right to be worried about the possibility of catching a virus by clicking the "x" to close the pop up, as shown by the BBC online news today in their honeypot article.

Thus no irony was intended.

I have never really understood irony, and even less do I understand the term patronising.  I have been confused by patronising ever since my little brother got all steamed up about me being patronising, when all I was doing was trying to help him, and explain the problem we were discussing at the time.  This hurt deeply, and ever since I have worried about giving advice, which even extends to answering questions, or getting involved in discussions, on this forum.  Therefore I apologise in advance for future postings if they are considered ironic or patronising..

David.

[quote user="Cassis"]I don't know the history to this.  But I take it this posting is disingenuous, rather than ironic or patronising.

Joking, honest!!!!!

What's this BBC honeypot virus article thingy?
[/quote]

Help, can't find my dictionary.  Disingenuous indeed.  What's it mean?  Is this fisticuffs at dawn?

Too late, must go to bed - after a nightcap of course.

David

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

You know when you're popular when someone starts a thread with YOU as the subject!

I'm sooooo jealous.

[/quote]

Why don't we see if we can add this to your collection of threads, Twinks? 

I don't think Dick will be that bothered one way or the other.  [:D]