Twinkle

TWINKLE

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dick Smith"]  The thread about me started off with me getting a supposed kicking - I'd rather be nice.

[/quote]

This doesn't add up either. There was no mention of kicking!

However, this is an off topic comment and I apologise...again. [6]

Sorry that sounded like an advertisement - I didn't mean it to.

Umm... What can we talk about? 

Do I annoy any of you - please be truthful. 

I like to post a lot in the lounge and I don't seem to have a lot to say on serious threads.

The thing is I arrived in France when I was 23 and was practically adopted by my husbands family and friends.  It's a bit like the mafia in these rural villages - if you know someone they embrace you as their own and look out for you as they would a son or daughter.  What I'm saying is that I didn't really have to do any of the administrative things that you need to do when you come to live here - someone else did it for me. Can't help with much of that.

I started singing with my husbands band so all my financial worries were sorted and I've been doing that ever since.  I don't know what I'd do if I gave up the singing (I certainly don't want to) but it's getting physically harder for me every year.  I am blessed with a lovely voice which doesn't seem to be packing in on me as I get older - so I figure that I should earn my living as long as I can with it. 

I am starting to consider concentrating more and more on jazz which I really enjoy now.  I'm hopefully starting a three year course at the Conservatoire de Toulouse next September studying jazz & classical music.  This will pave the way to me becoming a serious singing teacher (which I dabble in already) but I'm not sure it could ever be as satisfactory as being on stage is.

There - now you know a little bit more[:)]

Thanks for asking Dick!

xxx

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I am flattered! 

I will be recording a promotional demo cd next month and

the first 5 posters on this thread will recieve a signed copy with my

best wishes!

"....I know I'm bonkers but I have a good heart!"

[/quote]

What a great name for a promotional CD.

I am just in at No 5 and would love to accept.............................[:D][;-)]

[quote user="Miki"][quote user="TWINKLE"]

I am flattered! 

I will be recording a promotional demo cd next month and the first 5 posters on this thread will recieve a signed copy with my best wishes!

"....I know I'm bonkers but I have a good heart!"

[/quote]

What a great name for a promotional CD.

I am just in at No 5 and would love to accept.............................[:D][;-)]

[/quote]

....ah, but  3 of the other 4 were Twinkle!! (Didn't Feargal Sharkey already do that one?)[:)]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I like to post a lot in the lounge and I don't seem to have a lot to say on serious threads.

[/quote]

I don't know about that Twinks. You get in under the radar with lots of questions that some of us wouldn't have a clue about. I've seen you do it. [;-)]

I'm very impressed with your plans for the future! Bit concerned about the Jazz aspect though...sorry about that but there you go.

I just can't stand modern jazz.  I have friends who love it, and they try to explain how brill it is, I think scats might come into it. [8-)]

Intellectually (don't all laugh) I can grudgingly appreciate the skill, but I hate being grudging. I am a simple soul and don't want to struggle to 'like' something.

Well modern jazz is mainly for the musiciens. 

I like to sing the old Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holliday,  and give different interpretations of great classics like Summertime, Autumn Leaves, Cry me a River etc... beautiful songs.  I won't be studying an instrument at Conservatoire so I won't be musically involved with the modern stuff. 

I begrudge all the b l o o d y musiciens solos! 

I just sit there or stand there smiling until it's my turn again - it's so funny when people smile back at me.

Gorgeous, or 'adorabubble' in the words of a 2ft high pal of mine. How cheesy is that?

I believe we have a flute restoration person as a member here...did you spot him?

Got to go, I have to pick up the concrete monster from Bordeaux in the morning. x