I Feel Good Movies!

TWINKLE

God!

What a week!  Just when I thought I was going blow a fuse - a lovely friend of mine lent me some DVDs.  Amongst them them was the film "Dirty Dancing".

Believe it or not I had never seen it - I must have been on my travels somewhere when it came out. 

Anyway, I watched nearly all of  it to-day while doing a pile of ironing.  I know - I'm so jet-set aren't I?  I just saw the end of it with my7 year old daughter who wanted to watch too.  I did a bit of PG editing with the remote control and she said to me at the end when Baby is about to jump into Johnnys arms......

"Oh maman, I've got butterflies in my tummy"

Me too!  You can pull my threads or delete my posts I don't care -  I'm on a high!!!  (Only joking[:)])

What movies make you feel good?

I don't know about feel good, well maybe a Bruce Lee one sets me off.  Only joking.

A movie that really moved me was Titanic.  I was babysitting for a friend and she had the dvd, I hadn't seen the film so popped it on.  Well I shed bucket loads and couldn't wait to get home to my hubby.  I felt so happy to have him waiting up for me, he asked me what was wrong, I looked a real mess, I told him and he burst out laughing, but was touched by my sensitivity.  I told him not to go floating on ice in the sea as I couldn't bare to loose him.

Films eh?

I think The Quiet Man was a really beautiful film. I was mad about the stunning Maureen O'Hara with her long wild red hair. I remember when me and Biddy Connolly went to see it at the Shamrock picture house in Edenderry. She gave me a lift on her crossbar for the whole 8 miles! She was mad about John Wayne, so after the film was over, I started walking like John Wayne to impress the Biddy one and all the rest of the girls in Kildare.  I never got his walk quite right though, and just ended up with all the local homosapien lads following me.

[kiss]

These aren't feel good movies! 

These are weepy movies...Please don't go all teary on me or I shall have to cite "Wuthering Heights" and "The Champ" and "Charlotte Gray" and "Love Story" and "Sophies Choice''.

STOP!!!

I mean movies like "Four Weddings & A Funeral" or "Grease" or "The Full Monty"

Quick before I get the tissues out!

The Full Monty, Brassed off, 4 weddings and 1 funeral, Bridget Jones 1 & 2., Mr Bean in Hollywood, The Life of Brian.....

Saw BJ#2 in a cinema in Bangkok! What a hoot that was! Not only the film but the whole experience!!

First we had to stand to attention for a short 3 minutes or so film about the King and the Thai Royal family (I remember the God Save the Queen being played in the theatres and cinemas in UK when I first arrived!!)

The film was subtitled in Thai and of course what we thought as funny we laughed at but it was never synchronised with the funny bits that the Thai people could read in the subtitles!!

This evening I watched 'Munich' directed by Steven Spielberg based on the Munich Olympics 1972 and the killings of the Israel team of olympic athletes... Not too sure what to make of it... would have to watch it again....

Memoirs of a Geisha! Beautiful photography at times.... The costumes!!!.....

Donnie Darko, it defies classification.  It makes me feel good, bewildered, sad, happy, and even like singing.  Even though I always cry at the end (or rather, as I have now watched it so many times, just before the end, as I know what's coming). From the moment the film starts, and the music swells, I'm in heaven.

And the soundtrack (not the soundtrack album, which is a complete rip-off) is, for me just superb.

Sigh...

Mediterraneo

the story of a few italian soldiers in a greek island during ww2

the only kill during the whole film is  chicken! imagine a hollywood blockbuster war film with that! [:D]

and Il Postino

the story of a postman who become friend with Pablo Neruda during his exile in italy.

Shirley Valentine is the best movie, I have watched it over and over again, when ever I feel my life is going nowhere , it soons gives the get up and go feling i need.

Saving Grace is also one of the funniest films I have seen , filmed just down the road from me and a neighbour is an extra in it. Playing an o.a.p running around the garden stoned being chased by a police man. If you knew her that would make you laugh too. as she is very well behaved music teacher.

Tthe other one, I cant remenber the name of is the one where the kid is trying to teach some goslings to fly after there mum is killed. Love that one     

Not 'Thelma and Louise + 1' then Pads ??  Shirley Valentine was great - 'Hello wall' !

Jumping Jack Flash - could watch it a million times and still laugh. 

Something About Mary - loved the scenes with the dog.

I think I would be to scared to ever watch that movie again after last week.....................Sorry Jay Jay your driving wasnt that bad, In fact I dont remenber coming back at all did I drop off[:D]

Pip I think she watches to much F1 some one should take that telly off her [Www] 

I know what you mean Pads.  I used to be salt and pepper but after the drive home I'm now pure white !!  It's a very weird experience being a passenger in a left hand drive on british roads  (you know how the french drive around bends -other side of the road !).  BTW you didn't drop off - you fainted .

Jay jay's just given me two black eyes !!  [:'(][:D]

My favourite TV series used to be friends - but I'm fast going off it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  [:P]

For your information any Doris Day film, especially 'Pillow Talk' and 'Grease' [:D]

Glad to see you back JK but be a sweetie and keep the rain where it belongs in Wales !  Pip and I have had to resort to wearing flippers[:P]