French tax return question

S8J

Don't you just love it when they change the forms..

Anyway my question is where do I enter dividends received from UK companies. I don't know whether they are eligible for the abatement of 40% or not.

Also for UK savings interest under 2000e, does anyone know if we should transfer the amount to box 2fa on the new form, and where is it recorded in the first instance lines 220-226 or section 25 line 2tr.

Hope someone can help otherwise I'll have to stand in line at the hotel des impôts.

Thanks in advance..

Ok so I've been and queued up at l' hotel des impôts this morning and have the answers to my questions.

Apparently the interest goes in line 222 you apply the taux as per the notice for the country it was received and complete line 8ta transfer this to line 2tr under section 25 and to line 2tr on form 2024.

Dividends go in line 210 in the same manner.

Hope this helps anyone with the same questions.

Thanks for posting!

I am still at the stage of converting to euros and adding up the figures.  I did start early and had completed about a third of what I needed to do, then I seem to have misplaced the work sheet!!!  I know, utterly pathetic.  Even more pathetic, I cried, as in real tears, because it was just so hard to start all over again, me being barely numerate.

The tax forms are about the only things that mar my enjoyment of this time of year because both OH and I have our birthdays and it is our village fete and it is our wedding anniversary but all I really think about are the bloody tax returns[+o(]

[quote user="S8J"]Ok so I've been and queued up at l' hotel des impôts this morning and have the answers to my questions.

Apparently the interest goes in line 222 you apply the taux as per the notice for the country it was received and complete line 8ta transfer this to line 2tr under section 25 and to line 2tr on form 2024.

Dividends go in line 210 in the same manner.

Hope this helps anyone with the same questions.[/quote]

Can I ask please whether French interest from savings account are added to UK interest also from savings accounts and are declared on 2TR and then on 8TA?

Please someone say something because I am about to complete the blasted thing and take it in to des impots tomorrow.

Didn't you get a statement from your bank of the year's interest you have to delare?  I have a feeling French savings are declared directly by the bank but I could very well be wrong since I haven't got any that are taxeable

TB, thank you very much for your answer.  As I view you as the voice of authority in these matters, I will do exactly that and then I will have a large glass of something alcoholic AFTER I have dropped everything off at the public finances place in town.............lovely thought!