It's Dark

Meg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still dark (and I've found a lot more of the little clicky things next to doors) but outside there are lots of pretty flashy lights and loud bangy things in the sky. Should I be worried?  Oh - and as I type a silvery car with blue lights on has just gone past making a lot of noise. They won't sell much ice-cream going at that speed.

Het JJ if you had wanted to read a paper, or anything else for that matter, here at about 10.30 last night you would have had to go outside 'cause the dark got a lot darker. I have a feeling that Dick found a BIG clicky thingie and clicked the blasted thing!!! None of our clicky thingies worked in the house and the only light was the moon. Lovely though.

We had to find a small clicky thing to light a larger parafin thing to make it not so dark again for about 45 minutes. Then the clicky thingies started to work again and you could read a paper indoors again.

Blimey that was a long winded way of saying we had a bloody power cut!!!

[quote user="Cassis"]The only 'veg' I ever ate as a child was chips, roast potatoes and peas. It wasn't till I was in my teens that I started eating 'real' vegetables!
[/quote]

Most folks of our generation had "meat and two veg"

Leo