I have decided...

Will

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Thibault"]Hey Will - ever been to the Springfield Folk Club in Brighton?  Used to go a lot  umpteen years ago [:D]  Especially liked Downs and Beer........[/quote]

Yes, been there. Saw some memorable people, I remember one great gig with Fred Wedlock; Miles Wooton, one of the locals, wrote a lot of Fred's stuff. Used to go mostly to the Worthing and Arundel areas, latterly to Horsham. But with a lot of trips over the Downs from Brighton to Lewes, Barcombe, Firle, Horsted Keynes etc for the real traditional stuff. I was never much of a one for folk clubs, with a few exceptions they tended to take themselves too seriously. I much preferred the pub gigs, even if many of them were so regular they could almost have been a club.

I remember Downes & Beer - Phil Beer was half (Steve Knightley was the other half) of Show of Hands, another favourite.

No, TF has gone. The sob was deep irony. Haven't lost any yoofs but it seems two of them set fire to the music practice rooms whilst I was away. So, as they have been arrested and carted off, we sort of have lost them.

And I've been done for speeding - 61 in a 50 limit (the A3!) so I suppose that will be expensive, and my pristine licence besmirched.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]No, TF has gone. The sob was deep irony. Haven't lost any yoofs but it seems two of them set fire to the music practice rooms whilst I was away. So, as they have been arrested and carted off, we sort of have lost them.

And I've been done for speeding - 61 in a 50 limit (the A3!) so I suppose that will be expensive, and my pristine licence besmirched.
[/quote]

It hurts worse when your insurance goes up - for 5 years, because of it !

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news .................

[quote user="Dick Smith"]And I've been done for speeding - 61 in a 50 limit (the A3!) so I suppose that will be expensive, and my pristine licence besmirched.
[/quote]

Tolworth? New Malden? Just so I know. Mind you, at 61, bits start working loose and falling off my ickle car, so I'm more likely to get a medal than a ticket, but there are a few downhill stretches round there and if I  lean forward, I can practically feel the acceleration.....................[:)]

[quote user="Cassis"]Like all these things it takes time to get up to speed, but it's growing.  I'm talking about LaVieNormande, no smut, please.
[/quote]

Why spoil a habit of a lifetime.

and best wishes to LaVieNormande

Kind regards,

Leo