Father Christmas doesn't exist!

TWINKLE

I suggested to my two lumps (boys, 16 and 18 next week) that perhaps we would not do advent calanders and stockings this year as they were, well, growing up a bit now.  From the look on their faces you would have thought I had slapped them. They were mortified and insisted on carrying on the tradition and they will leave a carrot and a glass of scotch (Santa likes scotch) out on Christmas eve.  I called them big softys but inside I was pleased they wanted to carry on the make believe, wouldn't be Christmas for me otherwise.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Ejc"]

... and we still have to go thorugh the whole pantomime with mince pie / beer and carrots left out for FC & the reindeer .[/quote]

You need to be careful giving reindeer beer, particularly when they have a long night driving ahead of them. Although, in the wild deer do actually seek out rotting fermented fruit (apparently for the alcohol).

Ian

Of course Father Christmas exists.

Intelligent people like the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Pope are widely respected for believing in the existence of God (not to mention getting dressed up in funny clothes and chanting weird songs in archaic language), so why shouldn't we believe in another mythical character for whose existence there is rather more evidence?

Tell your children to respond to taunts of "There is no Father Christmas" with "There is no God", and maybe the teasing will stop.

Patrick

Santa, please send me a Porsche for Christmas

A father asks his 10-year-old son if he knows about the birds and the bees.

“I don’t want to know! ” the child says, bursting into tears. “Promise me you won’t tell me! ”

Confused, the father asks what’s wrong.

“Oh, dad, ” the boy sobs. “When I was six, I got the ‘There’s no Santa’ speech. At seven, I got the ‘There’s no Easter Bunny’ speech. When I was eight, you hit me with the ‘There’s no tooth fairy’ speech. If you’re going to tell me that grownups don’t really have sex, I’ll have nothing left to live for.”

REMEMBER THIS AT CHRISTMAS TIME

According to the Alaska Department of

Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer

each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually

late November to mid-December.   Female reindeer retain their antlers till after

they give birth in the spring.

Therefore, according to EVERY historical

rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to

Blitzen, had to be a girl.

We should've known... ONLY women would be

able to drag a fat-ass man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one

night and not get lost.

Santa does exsist , he lives inside every good man who spoils his wife and children at christmas time. Those of you who say he does,nt go out side turn around 3 times and repeat I do believe I do believe I do believe or an elve will die .

Quick now...............................................[:)]  

[quote user="Dirty Tom"]

go out side turn around 3 times and repeat I do believe I do believe I do believe or an elve will die .

Quick now...............................................[:)]  

[/quote]

Don't worry - you can always get another on the National 'Elf Service

In our house we no longer say 'Cheers' but 'Legolas'

well........he was a good 'elf.......

I'll get me cloak

As a continuation of my earlier comments about whether or not my 9 year old still believed or not. She came back from school the other day and told her father that she wasn't sure she believed  Father Christmas existed or not. She was obviously hedging her bets and looking for reassurance. He father being the kind, psychologically gifted person he is, just said that in that case she wouldn't be getting any presents and then went back to the washing-up. She wandered off and came back a few minutes later announcing she thought he might exist after all.