Merry Christmas - to all of you

Russethouse

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Everybody " and to those who replied to my posts a " Big Thank You  " your contributions giving so much good advice and guidance in the past year ...has made the adventure into  French house owning a very pleasureble one for us.... Good luck in all you do in 2007.

[quote user="Frederick"]"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Everybody " and to those who replied to my posts a " Big Thank You  " your contributions giving so much good advice and guidance in the past year ...has made the adventure into  French house owning a very pleasureble one for us.... Good luck in all you do in 2007.[/quote]

Ditto.  I only hope that in the future I'll be able to give newcomers as good advice as I've received over the last year.

Thank you to all the Francophilic brainboxes on this forum - it has proved, and will continue to prove, invaluable to me and the Squidge.  [:)]

x

Twas

Christmas day on the forum,

The saddest

day of the year,

The members

hearts were heavy,

For them no

Christmas cheer.

In posted

the moderator,

A nasty

man, and hairy

A post from

some far corner said

“here comes

the Christmas fairy”.

The mod

became quite angry,

His wrath

was hard to take,

His

postings were quite threatening,

And made

the members quake.

“I’ll make

you an example,

Of what can

happen when the

Forum starts

to get full up with

Sarcastic gentlemen..

You may

have had it easy,

Those days

are dead and gone.

Your

glasses will stay empty,

Of pudding

you’ll have none.

The members

stayed defiant,

Those

members staunch and true.

They

thought of those more timid,

Even those

in Katmandu.

They faced

the mod’rator bravely,

And raised

their empty glass.

“we don’t want

your Christmas pudding,

Send it up

the Khyber pass

Notes:   1.    In the use of the phrase "gentlemen" it should be noted that the phrase is generic and includes gentlewomen and also those of all genders who are not, in fact, "gentle"

2. The description of a moderator as "a nasty man and hairy" is not meant to imply that all mods are nasty, men or hairy, Each adjective could be replaced with nice, women and 'smooth skinned' as appropriate to each individuals personal wishes.

A Merry Christmas to all, and best wishes for the coming year.   [:D]

[quote user="powerdesal"]... Notes: 2. The description of a moderator as "a nasty man and hairy" is not meant to imply that all mods are nasty, men or hairy, Each adjective could be replaced with nice, women and 'smooth skinned' as appropriate to each individuals personal wishes.[/quote]

As far as I am aware, NONE of the mods are nasty or hairy![:P].

We're all gentle and brave, courageous and magnanimous and I for one, accept your wishes with gracious thanks! [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/party/fest07.gif[/img]

[quote user="Cassis"]Does anyone actually buy Living France?  Or does the entire circulation comprise Forum Moderators? [:D] When do you complete training and is it true that Quillan hoses you down with a jet of ice-cold water as you go under the barbed wire? [/quote]

As I am still in training [:P], I cannot comment on the initiation ritual(s)![:$]

Could it be you were told that in order to discourage you from applying again??? [:P]

[quote user="Clair"]

Could it be you were told that in order to discourage you from applying again??? [:P]

[/quote]

As you can imagine, Clair, I have had sooooo many requests simply BEGGING me to be a Moderator, but every time, I reflect on Groucho Marx's observation - do I really want to belong to a club that would accept the likes of ME? [:D]

[quote user="Dick Smith"][quote user="Russethouse"]

Now we are six.  In alphabetical order Cat, Clair, Eslier, Hoddy, Russethouse & Quillan

[/quote]

Ummmm, yes. Which alphabetical order would that be, then?

[/quote]

I think there is a silent or missing space between "Russet" and "House" and "House" is taken as the "Nom".

Yes, I take your point. Perhaps we should leave alphabetical order up to individual preference? You could start with your favourite letter, and then work forwards in least-favourite order. Of course, you would have to know the librarian very well in order to find your favourite books, but that would be a small price to pay for such a significant advance in the whole troubled area of personalisation of the life-experience in the 21st century...

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Yes, I take your point. Perhaps we should leave alphabetical order up to individual preference? You could start with your favourite letter, and then work forwards in least-favourite order. Of course, you would have to know the librarian very well in order to find your favourite books, but that would be a small price to pay for such a significant advance in the whole troubled area of personalisation of the life-experience in the 21st century...
[/quote]Great idea.  After all, it seems to be OK these days for grammar and spelling so let's add the alphabet.[:D]