What society would you create ?

Bugsy

After a reader wrote to the Daily Telegraph wondering if there was a Society of People Who Have Not Seen the Sound of Music and Have No Intention of Doing So, there followed a flood of suggestions, including:

*I have formed the Society of People Who Have Never Seen a Single Episode of Coronation Street or Eastenders and Have No Intention of Doing So. 

*Is there anyone who would like to join the Society of People Who Refuse to Shop at Tesco’s? 

*I belong to the Refined Society of People Who Have Never Attended a Car Boot Sale. 

*Alan Whitefield, of Milton Keynes, said he was not only fully qualified to join the Sound of Music society mentioned above, but also the Society for Those Who Have Never Read Harry Potter and the Society of People Who Have Never Been to IKEA.

*Chris Swindin, of Filey, North Yorkshire reported being a traumatised member of the Society of People Who Wish They Had Never Been to IKEA.

*Peter Tuthill, of Abu Dhabi, wondered if there would be any interest in forming a Society of People Who Have Neither Eaten at McDonald’s nor Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I'm sure we can come up with a few more.

Like it.

The Society for people who haven't lived yet?

The Society for people who have nothing better to do than to brag about what they haven't done?

The Society for people who can be bothered? [:P]

I think I would like to start...

The Society for people who firmly believe that mobile phones are for making and receiving calls, not taking pictures, watching films, online gambing, playing music etc etc.

[quote user="LanguedocGal2"]The society for people who love tax inspectors and politicians. (I'll join!)[/quote]

[:D] Well I thought that some politicians got more than enough 'love', didn't think that they would need a society for it.

The tax inspectors might be quite another story though.

[quote user="Will"]

I think I would like to start...

The Society for people who firmly believe that mobile phones are for making and receiving calls, .............[/quote]

Wouldn't be long before some prat wanted to interfere with that call though, because it interrupted their quality envirornment on the overcrowded, smelly, sardine express to London Centre every morning. Remember, your call can never be as important as whatever it is they want (their calls however, are always important)

[quote user="tenniswitch"]I'm a charter member of the Society of People Who Don't Want to Listen to Your Mobile Phone Conversation and a member in good standing of the Society of People Who Don't Want to Hear Details of Your Ailments or Your Sex Life.[/quote]

Told you!!!!  [:D][:D]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Nope. Plagiarists is the plural of plagiarist. The phrase is a contracted form of 'The Society of Unashamed Plagiarists' isn't it? To include an apostrophe here would make one an Honourary Greengrocer.
[/quote]

Fellow Pedant

I do know about plurals - and greengrocers. I was thinking along the lines of the Society belonging to the Plagiarists, hence Plagiarists' Society. I hadn't thought of your take on the term,; you could be right.[:D]