How young are you?

TWINKLE

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Muffin toy too. The legs were mage of lots of sort of cylinder thingies, with strings up the middle. When you pressed on the base, the legs went loose. I didn't see the point of it at the time amd still don't.

I think the weirdest toys ever were those disembodied heads with extending hair.

I deny all knowledge of my real age - but I'm married to someone born in the 60s ( a mere child) who cannot remember Muffin the Mule or the Woodentops so I'll just pretend I'm younger than him and that will do.

I think Twinkle was probably born aged 15 and naughty and stayed that way and Katie is really her annoying younger sister.  I think pale_pink_specs was probably safer in the French Entry place but wouldn't have had as much fun.  I think Dick Smith is probably like Dorian Gray - has picture in attic and is actually 106 or maybe really an ancient Greek philosopher.   And I know for a fact that Miki is pretty ancient and has had plusieurs incarnations.  TU I reckon is one of those secretary type people from old films who looks really stern and older than her years then suddenly whips off the specs lets down the hair and turns into a sexy, wild thing.

And hey Will I had one of those toys too - and it was daft but my grandad seemed to like it.

Talking of' Watch With Mother...... reminded me of a problem I have - just can't remember what was shown on a  Monday.

Tuesday was Andy Pandy

Wednesday was Bill and Ben

Thursday was Ragtail & Bobtail

Friday was The Woodentops

What was shown on a Monday .................  This Is Driving Me Nuts!!!!!

I think you have the days wrong although believe it or not if you search, the answer is on this site !

Was the missing one Picture Book ?

Edit : Here is the list posted by Lindsay2 before :

Monday - Picture Book
Tuesday - Andy Pandy
Weds - Bill and Ben
Thurs - Rag, Tag and Bobtail
Friday - The Woodentops

The odd thing is that I remember Bill & Ben, a day I wouldn't normally have been watching TV as it was my fathers 'half day closing' - Remember that !!!

The thread is http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/4/622118/ShowPost.aspx#622118

Thanks Gay - It was Picture Book - but I can't remember it - the others I can vividly recall.  I do remember having a Pelham Puppet of Andy Pandy and lo and behold a Pelham Puppet turned up on "Flog It" a day or so ago. I think it was Noddy. Can't remember what it Flogged for though.

Cerise, I imagine TU just the same as you except she does not have the normal long locks but a classy sort of feathered bob cut in blonde.  I also think she has jerky head movements when she can pick up conversations going on five miles away and is pretending not to be listening in.  She has already admitted being in her 50's but I think she would look younger than her years.  I would imagine her buddy RG to look like a slim elongated version of Velma from Scoobie Doo and would think she is about 48.  I think she would dress quite hippy(ish) in patterned loose cotton trousers, sandals and tight white tee shirts streched across little boobs.  The other Witch of the Midi, Languedoc Gal I would imagine to look like a big rather bossy character with stern eyes and a cheeky grin and I would imagine her to be around the 55 mark.  I hope I have not offended any of you, it is just my imagination.  Feel free to backfire[8-)]

Erny I would be extremely surprised if you told us you are 18.

I think LanguedocGal is 40.

Cerise!

I do try to be a good girl - it's hard. JK is a 14 months older than me[:)]

My favourite things were Katie Kopy Kat, the comic Twinkle, Etch-a-Sketch, Magician set and the kit to make your own perfumes but they all smelt like lavendar.

Who remembers those wierd bird things attatched to a stem with a sort of weight at the bottom - you put it by a glass and tilted its head and it would rock back and forth into the glass?   Why?

My grandparents went to America and bought back fibreglass skate-boards for me and my sister.  We were the first kids to have one and my sister was in the hospital every weekend.

When I was 14, I begged my mother to let me have my hair done like Farrah Fawcet and would style it with sponge rollers and half a can of hairspray every Saturday.  I had a red tracksuit with white strpes and white and red trainers and I would flounce around the streets with my 3 younger sisters in tow thinking I was Jamie Sommers[:-))]

When I was 13, I had a purdey hairstyle and would wear stripey, collarless grandad shirts with flared jeans and platform wedges with hessian heels.

I remember my mother always used to tell my father off when the Karate Aftershave advert used to come on starring a woman who looked very much like Twinkle who used to force herself on a wimpy man in a warehouse.

I thought that SB/RG was about 38 - definitely not over 40.

Dick - 57

Miki - 56

Gay - 54

Clair - 43

RonAvery - 61

Cassis - 46

Will - 48

Quillan - 44

JayJay - 36

ChrisPP - 54

Bugbear - 45

What's the prize for guessing correctly?[;-)]

As the third (but lesser) Midi witch, I know for a fact that RG is SB but neither of them is LG.

I do know LG, how old she is,  and what she looks like - and most of you are waaaaaaaay off mark[:D]

Is anybody over, say, 45, going to own up to how old they really are????

I thought I looked much younger than my age, until today that is. I had to go and have one of those new passport photos done, and I look about twice as old as I think I really look. And 10 times older than what I feel. Those photos make one look amazingly sinister.

Yes you've got it Tresco. Especially since you are supposed to keep your mouth closed, not smile, and think soft thoughts so that all your essential goodness can shine through your eyes alone. I was allowed to keep my earrings on, though - Apparently in the US if you want a visa, you have to take those off too. Maybe you have to wipe off your make up, take out your false teeth, goodness knows what other indignities.[:D]

[quote user="Tay"]I thought that SB/RG was about 38 - definitely not over 40.

Dick - 57
Miki - 56
Gay - 54
Clair - 43
RonAvery - 61
Cassis - 46
Will - 48
Quillan - 44
JayJay - 36
ChrisPP - 54
Bugbear - 45

What's the prize for guessing correctly?[;-)]
[/quote]

I thank you for your guess on my age, and all I can say is I wish........................[:)]

[quote user="Miki"][quote] What about me?  What about me??  How old do you think I am??? [:D] [/quote]

About the same age as a really big Oak tree [;-)]

[:@]

AND, I take you YOU are feeling quite smug with yourself because you have fooled  people into thinking you are younger that Dick! 

[/quote]