what would you do ?

Dave&Olive

Okay - maybe we're not typical - but we bought some garden chairs from B&Q in the UK.  We thought we had bought 4, 1 to a box, but inside each box there were 2 chairs.  We took back 4 chairs. 

It's up to your own conscience.  I'm not condemning anyone. [:)]

If you have to ask that question then you do not know the answer.

You fly our flag and yet you know that in your possession you have two of something and yet you have only paid for one.

Therefore Dave your mind knows your whole being knows that you have an advantage and to which you are not entitled.

Back home there is a phrase that you have knowingly obtained a pecuniary advantage and if you sought permanently to deprive essentially theft and I am sorry Dave it is theft at least back in the UK that is of course unless you do the honourable thing and return the additional mirror.  However surely the standards that we are brought up with live with us all of our lives.

It is what is in your mind is the only true test you have recognised what has happened not to return it is theft.  I say that with passion not only as a Welsh guy but a lawyer.  France is no different to the UK or to Wrexham Pontypridd Carmarthen Builth Wells or whatever.

End of sermon.

[quote user="Llwyncelyn"]

If you have to ask that question then you do not know the answer.

You fly our flag and yet you know that in your possession you have two of something and yet you have only paid for one.

Therefore Dave your mind knows your whole being knows that you have an advantage and to which you are not entitled.

Back home there is a phrase that you have knowingly obtained a pecuniary advantage and if you sought permanently to deprive essentially theft and I am sorry Dave it is theft at least back in the UK that is of course unless you do the honourable thing and return the additional mirror.  However surely the standards that we are brought up with live with us all of our lives.

It is what is in your mind is the only true test you have recognised what has happened not to return it is theft.  I say that with passion not only as a Welsh guy but a lawyer.  France is no different to the UK or to Wrexham Pontypridd Carmarthen Builth Wells or whatever.

End of sermon.

[/quote]

box is already in the back of the car just wonder how many would ??

how do you know we are from Wrexham ???

dave

Another slant on the topic title.

You order goods from a company by mail delivery, they send them, then send them again. You have been billed for one order. You contact the company, tell them you have received a duplicate order and how do they want to arrange return, they ignore you. What do you do?

[quote user="powerdesal"]Another slant on the topic title.

You order goods from a company by mail delivery, they send them, then send them again. You have been billed for one order. You contact the company, tell them you have received a duplicate order and how do they want to arrange return, they ignore you. What do you do?
[/quote]

EBAY......................................[:D]

[quote user="powerdesal"]Another slant on the topic title.

[/quote]

We seem to be off into the moral maze now. [:D]

Having informed them of their mistake and given them a reasonable chance to recover their goods, if they choose not to respond then I would keep them. 

In fact exactly this happened to me with a Screwfix order.  I told them about the error and said they could arrange for collection within 28 days otherwise I would assume they were happy for me to keep the goods.  I now have several spare hard hats, packs of dust masks, an extra angle grinder, etc. [:)]

A while back I got a credit note from Brittany Ferries for £100. I rang them up to ask why and they said it was an honororium for helping another passenger in distress - which I hadn't, it turned out to be a doctor with the same name as me. They thanked me for letting them know so that they could get the credit to the right person, but wouldn't take the note back, and said I could keep it for my honesty...

never happens to me that way!   although twice i have shared cassis experience ref screwfix - seems they just can't be bothered to collect stuff.

i would definitely take one back; but i am not actually sure whether thats me being of good moral character, or being a wuss who is scared of being found out - perhaps a bit of both to be honest.      but apart from anything else you feel so much better when you are honest than dishonest.    can't tell you how many wallets and mobiles i have found; i can guarantee that if someone drops a wallet or a wad of credit cards i will stumble on it !!    i have always gone out of my way to return direct or if not possible hand in at police station, and i can say that with exception of once i have always received a thank you (or a postal order for a fiver from an old lady one time ! - felt so bad i stuffed money in charity box).    

Being honest not only makes you feel good, but the more honest you are, the more likely the recipient is to do the same if they find themselves in a similar situation .

You know you have to take it back now dont you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some 18 years ago, I bought a new halogen light for a caravan, to replace the fluorescent one. When I got outside the dealer, the box contained two. I took one back, and was thanked, end of story.

Bro in law recently bought a new external hardrive, by mail order, and later found it cheaper. He rang the comapny to ask what they would do for him, and they offered to cancel his order.

He accepted, but was busy, so didn't order from the other company, and the next day, the hard drive arrived from the original company. He rang to enquire, and was told he hadn't been charged for it, but because it was already in the post when cancelled he could keep it.

Strange days we live in............

I went to our local Peugeot dealer to buy a replacement for the plastic clip that keeps the bonnet stay in place.  As it was not in stock they had to order it in, so I paid the man his 1.45€ and he said it should be in the following day.  Imagine my surprise when the next morning they delivered a new Peugeot 307SW to our door. 

Imagine my surprise when I went into my shed and found an electronics catalogue from Department 16. I ordered a bunch of parts which made up into a first-rate Interocitor, and they never charged me a penny!

Trouble was it burst into flames the first time I used it, but I got a free holiday on Metaluna in compensation.

I got home a few months ago to find a huge bouquet of flowers on the doorstep. I took them inside and read the card, which thanked me for the loan of my boat for the weekend. I don't have a boat.I rang the florist and they sent someone to collect the bouquet and deliver it to the correct address. They brought a nice bunch of flowers for me as a thank you.

That's not the real reason for my post. I was listening to the radio the other afternoon and a lady called in to say that a few years ago she ordered a new oven. When it arrived, it was the wrong model, so, having accepted the delivery and only discovered the error when it was unpacked, she set off in her car for the supplier's shop. She had a long debate in the shop with the assistant, where she insisted that they had sent her the wrong oven, and they said not, and she'd got into a bit of a lather, an argument ensued, and she stormed out of the shop, the problem unresolved, shouting "You'll be hearing more from me!". It was only when she got home that she realised she'd gone to entirely the wrong shop, as she'd actually ordered the oven elsewhere..................................