Global warming, a swindle?

Ford Anglia

Yes. I saw it.

Very convincing and at least the participants sounded rational. But that is the first time I've heard that cosmic rays are responsible for most cloud formations. What about industrial particle emmissions. Don't they also play a big part in cloud formations?

Whether the global warming issue is true or not, polution still causes many illnesses here on terra firma!  There remains the issue of disposal of all the bi-products of our "once it's stopped working, chuck it out" society.  It seems to me that saying global warming is not our "fault" may well lead poluters to use this as an excuse to carry on destroying the planet without hindrance.  There are more than just global warming issues associated with polution.

Take the money making scam element out of the GW debvate and i would gladly listen and take note.  However, as long as this Govt continues to use it as a tax scam, i will continue bury my head as deeply into the sand as possible, looking for more oil of course.....I think in the future, as the scam taxes start to hit home, more and more of these programme will surface, and then we can have a proper and reasoned debate, instead of being railroaded into accepting that it is going to happen.

I saw this programme too and found it profoundly depressing. As someone with a non-scientific background I have no way of judging the evidence for myself. I seem to have spent a lifetime being lied to by one interest group or another.

So for now I'll go along with Cooperlola's ideas and try not to join the throw away society any more than I feel I must.

Hoddy

I saw it too. For those that don't get UK TV here is a link to watch it free that was posted on another site. I agree with Hoddy and Cooperlola about the throw away society and certainly want to take care of the earth and all of it's creatures. But the CO2 debate for me at least has collapsed, unless someone can prove to me otherwise. Very sad to see the impact it has and will have on third world countries and not to mention all the talk of stealth green taxes from both political parties now.[:@]

http://www.jonhs.net/freemovies/great_global_warming_swindle.htm

I have to admit to being very depressed when the African guy was talking about the undeveloped part of Africa .

They have pressure put on them to use renewable resources, such as solar cells for electricity. He showed how they had to choose between a fridge that keeps medicines fresh, or having lighting.........[:(] And went on to ask how you power a steel mill with solar cells.

Personally, my wife and I have always recycled what we could, making special trips to bottle banks  THIRTY YEARS ago, when most people asked us "why?".

That won't change, for me, but I'm not surprised at the way it's been used to justify taxation.

As someone on another BBS said recently, "In the last millenium, religion was often used to keep the masses in line. The environment is now the new religion.........."[:(]

"Personally, my wife and I have always recycled what we could,"

The trouble is our lords and masters don't take it as seriously as we do. We're preparing to go to France for the summer and my OH went to the tip yesterday with a few months worth of carefully saved cardboard. It will be going into landfill because the council has fulfilled it's quota. Not the best way to encourage people is it ?

Hoddy

Years ago we recycled everything. I used to make a trip to the tip every few months with everything sorted out really well. AND then the last time I went they sent me home with lots of the stuff to put in my bin. I am a lousy trier now, I resent the hell out of doing it. I resent taking my car to take the stuff to the tip too, good use of fuel that isn't it. The bennes in the village are often full which means that they are being used and not emptied enough. And sod's law means that when I go to put our stuff in them, I can't.

My husband sorts it all out these days.

I think recycling in France actually deserves its one forum section.

When I first moved here they refused to empty my bins regularly as I was putting plastics that had the "recyclable logo" on them in the recycling bin. Still even now occasionally I get my bins left un-emptied because there is some item that is not permitted in them.

To make matters harder I was banned from the local dump !! However, I now get on ok with they guy who is always there so can use it again (though he does limit me to two visits per week). In fact he even offers me item he has "fished-out" from what other people have taken there.

It does amaze em the number of different places one is meant to visit with different things.

Ian