I have been pruned...

MrCanary

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy walks into a bar with his pet monkey.

He orders a drink and while he's drinking, the monkey starts jumping all over the place. The monkey grabs some olives off the bar and eats them, then grabs some sliced limes and eats them, then jumps up on the pool table, grabs the cue ball, sticks it in his mouth and swallows it whole.

The bartender screams at the guy, "Did you see what your monkey just did?" The guy says, "No, what?" "He just ate the cue ball off my pool table - whole!" says the bartender.

"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," replies the patron. "He eats everything in sight, the little jerk. I'll pay for the cue ball and stuff." He finishes his drink, pays his bill, and leaves.

Two weeks later he's in the bar again, and he has his monkey with him. He orders a drink and the monkey starts running around the bar again. While the man is drinking, the monkey finds a maraschino cherry on the bar. He grabs it, sticks it up his butt, pulls it out, and eats it.

The bartender is disgusted. "Did you see what your monkey did now?" "Now what?" asks the patron. "Well, he stuck a maraschino cherry up his butt, then pulled it out and ate it!" says the barkeeper. "Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," replies the patron.

"He still eats everything in sight, but ever since he ate that cue ball he measures everything first!"

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="ThomasD"]

[quote user="Meg and Mog"]Oooh is it the brackets round dog?? I know i had an & sign before and that caused probs.

Ohhh go on try one and see..............[6]
[/quote]

Not a cherry in sight [:D]

[/quote]How did you manage to quote her, Thomas?  You must be better with cherries than me.[/quote]

Take out the (dog) in the square brackets.

Does a quoted cherry count?

[quote user="ThomasD"]

[quote user="Meg and Mog"]Oooh is it the brackets round dog?? I know i had an & sign before and that caused probs.

Ohhh go on try one and see..............[6]

[/quote]

Not a cherry in sight [:D]

[/quote]

Maybe they all got lost??

(Edit: Sorry but someone had to say it.............[:)])

The thread was becoming jammed with prune comments when cooperlola decided to change the name of it.

Now I think it is time to lose the cherry and move on again...

If you crack open the pip/stone that is in the centre of some larger fruits, you will find something that resembles a nut. Now, many years ago I was told it was OK to eat these and so I did. They tasted a bit like a walnut and I quite enjoyed them until somebody else told me they were potentially poisonous, so I stopped!

Any pip experts out there who can comment on this?

The recipe (from some trendy jam/preserve book recently produced) that I have for apricot jam suggest you should crack open the stones and use the 'nut' in the jam - my neighbour calls them apricot almonds and said her mother used to do that, but she could not be bothered because cracking the pip was such an effort. While paging through her gasronomy larousse, I noted their recipe suggested the same. The apricot 'nut' does have an almondy taste ... I have wondered if that is where almonds come from??