CESU pay rates

Hereford

Does anyone here pay a "home help" (cleaning, laundry odd meal cooked) by CESU please?  My Dad likes to pay a fair wage and above the minimum.  The figure needed is the "net" as that is how CESU works,  the net pat (paid) is entered online and the program grosses up and calculates the cotisations.

If anyone pays a gardener this way that would be interesting too.

Many thanks

Mrs H

I pay 10€ and then about 6€ is billed a month later for charges so it come to 16€

On the other hand you can claim back 50% of the total  against  French tax so it only costs me 8€ net.

As richard says beware giving a number of short contracts. After 3 they can demand a permanent one.

Thanks for answers - we were planning to pay 10 euros net so we seem to have had the right idea.  The lady will only work a couple of hours a week. 

I shall have to thiunk about a contract, the job will almost certainly continue as long as dad is alive - he refuses absolutely to go to hospital!

[quote user="Hereford"]Thanks for answers - we were planning to pay 10 euros net so we seem to have had the right idea.  The lady will only work a couple of hours a week. 

I shall have to thiunk about a contract, the job will almost certainly continue as long as dad is alive - he refuses absolutely to go to hospital!

[/quote]

Technically you have to give one, and you should register with Pôle Emploi as an employer.

You may well decide not to, as many people don't, but this is just for information so at least you know.

There are contract forms to download on the CESU website, with details of where needed You do not have to go to the PE to register as an employer.

A possible simpler route for regular help is to go via your local ADMR who do all the paperwork. The only thing I do is to pay our 'lady who does' every month by cheque. Pay rates are similar, i.e. 8 hours - E66.72 plus E45.24 charges.

Idun:  CESU automatically includes 10% for holiday pay. 

Last time we used CESU we did it all online and certainly did not register formally as an employer. We used my Mum's APA to pay carers by CESU - as we were instructed to by "Social Services".

Thanks for all the help and info.

You may not need to register with Pôle Emploi to employ someone, but when they leave they need you to register the fact with Pôle Emploi and  the details of the hours you have declared in the past

You are technically a 'particulier employeur'

http://www.pole-emploi.fr/employeur/vous-etes-particuliers-employeurs-@/index.jspz?id=889

you sign up and get your own access here:

https://particulieremployeur.pole-emploi.fr/particulieremployeur/authentification/authentification

I have had to do this a couple of times for people who have moved on, so their hours   could  count towards their claim for chômage.

Have those of you who say that it is not needed actually gone all the way down the route?

With ADMR I have had holiday replacements that are chômeurs, again all paperwork is taken care of, just a signature needed to certify things.

I do remember, long ago, one lady we employed did not take her full entitlement to holidays - she had an Official Call at 8AM from assorted foncs and was told to take her days off immediately!