The Hostages

Gardian

[quote user="Deimos"]

[quote user="Chris Head"]The real shame is that the Iranians seem to be preening themselves over this, we could have put egg over their faces.[/quote]

Instead of which it is the UK politicians with egg all over their faces.

(But I don't agree about the need to have taken action to "get them back" - I believe that these things have a pattern of escalating; we send people in, they get more worked-up and take action back, so we taken even more action, etc.. until GW/TB have the war they are seeking so much).

Ian

[/quote]

Correct.....also, i don't think you can justify getting 15 sailors back at the expense of 100s of other lives in a conflict.  It would not surprise me if the whole thing was setup by Blair and that idiot over the water, just to provoke a confrontation.  And his so called GPS evidence...wow, i could print you some of that off from any of the three GPS units i have in my house..

[quote user="Gastines"]On the funny side of the Fiasco was one sailor complaining that the Iranians had stolen his Ipod,worth £160.!!! Perhaps if they'd kept their eye on where they were instead of listening to music someone might have woken up in time.[/quote]

Rifle - check

Ammo - check

I Pod - check

Mobile phone - check

Cuddly toy - check

What on earth was he carrying an Ipod for on a boarding party, perhaps he missed the "boarding" bit and thought it was just a party![:(]

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Obviously the media were prepared to pay for these interviews, that being the case I think that the money should have been given to a charity/charities that benefits servicemen and women and their dependent's.

As it is its just a muddle which makes those involved look like fools.

[/quote]

I think they have just saved Fay Turney from becoming the next Jade Goody, thank heaven for that![:)]

Jade Goody in the Navy - now theres a thought ![;-)][;-)]

[:$][:$]

[/quote]

LOL she probably wouldn't pass the entrance exam!

Last weekend I had the disturbing thought that these "hostages" were heading for the celebrity T.V scenario................IMHO not a good idea.

Jade Goody in the Navy - now theres a thought ![;-)][;-)]

[:$][:$]

[/quote]

Well, she is the 25th most infalential (I think thats how she said it) person in the world [;-)]

But in her defense, she did not know what that meant [:-))]