Fiscale internationale, exchange of assets information form

Angie

Hi all

We received one of those exchange of information tax forms between the UK and France to complete some 4 months ago. This was sent to us in UK via our French bank. We completed this and returned it by post in the self addressed envelope. 4 weeks later we received a letter from the bank saying they had not received it. I scanned and emailed the documents to our bank manager who apologised saying “this is sufficient, thank you”. At end October we again received another letter from the bank saying the form hadn’t been received so in November I took the document into the branch and also sent a copy to their head office (from where the original letter came) by registered post. This was delivered and signed for some 5 weeks ago. Today we have received yet another letter saying we are in default because, despite them sending the letter "via different postal methods", they still have not received any response. Honestly, I am tearing my flaming hair out. I have scanned this latest letter to our bank manager but seriously, what are there consequences for us if they continue to say we haven’t provided the information? Thank you in advance

I had a very similar case, I lived in and was resident in France but the incompetent bank one day decided that I lived in the UK and started sending the statements there, they would not accept they had done so, said that according to them I had never lived in France (informatiquement).

They were lost for words when I asked them why my cheque book had my French address on it and all my previous statements also but computer said no [:(]

So I had to start filling out the stupid forms and jumping through hoops, photocopying the same passport repeatedly, I insisted that they do it in the bank and send it off, I was not going to waste my time and money jumping through hoops. Then I got pi55ed off with them and sent the form back saying that they had all my info and it hadn't changed, that was in hindsight the point that I ended up in the same situation as you.

So I can answer your question, what happened to me was that they closed my account, sent the letter to the UK address where of course I did not see it, my cheques written in good faith and with sufficient funds were refused and they declared me interdit bancaire with the Banque de France.

That was C.L. by the way, it might sound like a nightmare situation with no way out but I just walked into Credit Agricole and opened an account no problems whatsoever, they clearly did not check with the Banque de France, they in turn became incompetent and/or crooked and money would often go missing from my cash deposits (me to blame of course) so I now have an account at another banque where wehn I pay cash in they count it and sign for it rather than it going into a machine for them to pilfer it and say it was my mistake.

Probab not what you wanted to hear, because I was here in France despite their denials, they would prefer to believe a computer than the evidence before their eyes, it was not a problem for me to open an account at another bank, had I been non resident it would have caused grief.