Missing little Madeleine

blossom

Hi Everyone...I know it's off topic, but I wonder if you can help in the search for little Madeleine.

I have posted an appeal on ebay for Madeleine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160116337020&rd=1&rd=1

Apparently, on ebay, the more people who 'watch' the item, the more likely it is to be featured on the front page and therefore more like to get more publicity.  The plan is for this to get everywhere.  Its huge news in UK and portugal, but not getting enough coverage in the rest of europe.

If you have an ebay account, would you mind please 'watching' my item and sending the link to everyone you know by email.

Somebody somewhere knows something!  Together we can raise awareness!

Jo

xxx

Madeleine is as special as every child.

And no, I havent done it before.  This is the first time I have thought of it.  Perhaps it is the high media coverage keeping it in the public eye, or perhaps it is because I recently became a parent myself and am chilled to the core.

There is a time when the decent people of the world begin to fight back.  I believe that time is now.  Enough is enough.

Please try not to be a little cynical about it and just open your heart and do all you can.

I'm not being cynical at all, it was only a question.

I've just posted over on TF about how very British this all is, the high profile, lots of airtime, people offering huge rewards, and so on.   Missing children in France might get mentioned on the news, and that's it.  

Only an observation, not a judgment.

[quote user="Just Katie "]

I just cannot understand that RG.  Perhaps the French should learn by our example.  [/quote]

I don't know, JK.   I think we just take the news much more personally than French people do.   We talk about it more too, in my experience anyway.   

Of course I hope that parents and child will be safely reunited.   The alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

[quote user="Just Katie "]

I just cannot understand that RG.  Perhaps the French should learn by our example.  However, sadly in these such cases the outcome is more often than not grim.  My prayers are with the McCanns.

[/quote]

I think part of the point RG makes is that we are becoming obsessively attached to the stories media put out, and almost presenting ourselves as part of the family.  If this type of hype/coverage/etc was extended to everychild that went missing, the news would last 6 hours a day just on that.  We seem to be becoming professional mourners these days, and attach ourselves to every tragedy that comes along.  Wonder how the parents of the next missing child will feel when there isn't £1.5m in reward money put up for them, and the media are not really interested anymore becuase they had their mileage out of Maddy and her parents.

Lets hope Maddy is returned safely to her parents, and believe me i do hope so.  But it is no more than a humanitarian hope for another human being out there in distress, and not a life changing moment, because i don't actual know her, the family, extended family or anything about them.