Missing child portugal

Boiling a frog

Patmobile, that's bad!   But funny!  [8-|]

Can any Catholics among you explain the religious reasoning behind this Papal visit?   The Pope blessed the photo, I don't understand what that means.   If people are praying that God makes the abductor change his mind, is that not taking away the abductor's free will?    I mean, of course I'd like that to happen, but theologically it seems a bit hokey - either we have free will or we don't, not some "only when it suits" half-way house?    Would anyone like to enlighten me?  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="RumziGal"]Can any Catholics among you explain the religious reasoning behind this Papal visit?   The Pope blessed the photo, I don't understand what that means.   If people are praying that God makes the abductor change his mind, is that not taking away the abductor's free will?    I mean, of course I'd like that to happen, but theologically it seems a bit hokey - either we have free will or we don't, not some "only when it suits" half-way house?    Would anyone like to enlighten me?[/quote]

If it helps them deal with their pain and their guilt,live and let live. The damage is done, the anguish is theirs.

It was a genuine question about inconsistency in religion, Clair, and not directed at the McCanns.   There are so many millions of people who pray to god for things, I thought there might be one on here who could explain what that and the blessing of a photo is all about.   If not, tant pis, it will remain a mystery!  [:)]

As a Non Believer and devout Athiest (if you can say that), I believe that anyone has the right to believe as they see/feel if that belief assists them in their Loss or otherwise.

So long as whatever Religion does'nt think they are 'g..d's gift 'so to speak to the rest of  the world then that's fine by me. Trouble is religion is Trouble do on the whole. My opinion, so don't castigate me.

David

It's called faith RumziGal! 

If you don't have it you won't get it.  The McCanns are living proof that faith can give you strength and hope and the courage to carry on every day and keep on believing against all odds that their prayer will be answered.

Inconsistency doesn't matter where miracles are concerned[:)]

I have seen a faith healer in France blessing the photo of a child living in Germany and curing his life long excema (sp?) a week later. 

Don't all jump on me I'm not in the mood[;-)]

[quote user="Patmobile"]

I see that the poor parents have gone off to see the Pope today.  I assume this is because, as the world's leading employer of paedophiles, they think he might have some influence, if indeed she has been taken by one.

[/quote]

I believe it was Cardinal Ratzinger who said "..... paedophilia has only been a problem in the catholic church during the last 50 years". One can only assume it was OK before that [:D] . This is the same guy by the way who said that gays and lesbians had "a tendency toward and intrinsic moral evil" which was endorsed at the time (1986) by Pope John Paul II. Bet that went down well with the gay catholics.

On a more serious note if it helps these people all well and good but it's the police that will find the truth and more importantly the little girl at the end of the day.

RumziGal, I have to admit I read your post as being deliberately confrontational, hence my short reply.

You say you want to know (I assume you mean the technicalities, for lack of a better word) what difference it  makes to attend a papal audience and to have a photo blessed. That I cannot answer, I am not enough of a catholic to know.

My belief, for what its' worth, is that a meeting with their spiritual leader gives them moral strength. The blessing of the photograph is a tangible, palpable reminder of their faith and the support they are being given.

Generally speaking, faith and belief are such a personal thing I always feel awkward discussing them with the believer, not on my behalf, but on behalf of others. If I see or feel that someone is being mentally lifted and finding support in any kind of faith, good for them.

Secretly, I admit to feeling a little bit envious, because I don't have that...

Seems  E.bay have removed the posting ?.......... it  showed  that when I tried to look at it .  

Makes you feel uncomfortable to know that your children so small and so trusting are being targeted.....but  not so long ago in Bournemouth a guy was stopped at the back of the B.I.C  ( the conference center ) which is some distance from but overlooks the beach. Examination of the film in the camera he was using  with  a huge lens.... showed he had been taking photos of very small children innocently  playing on the beach......I have two grandchildren 3 and 5.... girls ....do they run about undressed on the beach like you see many children doing .?  .not when I am about. ....  How would you feel about one of yours on certain websites shown naked with a bucket and spade on a beach ?    It is a very good chance that this poor child was taken to order and whoever has got her had been given sight of  a number to choose from .....sorry if the thought of this is upsetting ...but thats the way it is.....you cant afford to take risks with leaving children  who are so young no mater how familiar your surroundings may be to you ..I used to visit friends for dinner two doors away when my children  were small... but even with a dog in the house and so close by we had a baby sitter . .I also think the huge reward will scare whoever has her if they know about it .....and that may not help......I hope I am wrong ...and the child is found .

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

It's called faith RumziGal! 

If you don't have it you won't get it. 

[/quote]

You mean "to those that have shall be given, and those that have not, even what they have will be taken away"?

Tell me about it!  [:D]    

Like I said - if you don't have it then you won't get it.  The McCanns have it and they believe that they will find their daughter as long as they keep believing that she is safe and sound somewhere. 

On the days when my faith is strong, so do I.

Sorry to take this thread off topic but I find it somewhat annoying that we must all watch our p's and q's with all the world religions.  We must all take care not to be offensive to all the world cultures but it seems that it is fine for all and sundry to be offensive to my religion. 

Just a thought [:(]

Anyway, back on topic.  What concerns me is that Madelenes unusual iris may be detremental to her.

[quote user="Just Katie "]

Anyway, back on topic.  What concerns me is that Madeleine's unusual iris may be detrimental to her.

[/quote]

I thought the same thing JK, once that was released she became for ever easily identifiable and the ramifications of that are difficult to even contemplate..

In Portugal, in some stratas of society, lighter colour hair is considered classy and desirable, could she have been taken to be raised as some childless couples daughter, perhaps in South America.?

Could the publicity be working against them ? Meaning she is being kept in hiding longer than if the publicity was allowed to die down?

Lets just hope she is found safe, soon.

In the meantime, I'm sorry but there beginning to be questioning of the publicity: :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=458831&in_page_id=1770