Almost two years to the day....

Afy

I moved to France with two suitcases and nothing else wife had two cases as well. In the ensuing time bought a house, all the furniture, brought the dog over from India. And have put up with all kinds of rubbish.

So now I bid you farewell with one suitcase only. And wish you all a better life and time in France that I have had.

It can be hard leaving your country to come and live in another one.  Different language, different culture etc.   You did everything in your power to make others happy before yourself - that's me reading between the lines.  From your account,  you worked very hard to make it work out.  You did your best babe and I wish you all the best as usual - please keep in touch if you feel like it.  Quite a few of us on the forum will remember you.[kiss]

You gave it your best shot Afy and I'm sorry it didn't work out for you - it is so difficult moving from a completely different culture.  I hope you will find happiness wherever you go next.  Let us know how you are.

Maggi

Iceni,

I had stuff in the suitcases and not my one suitcase represents my poor life.. 4 shirts, three trousers, my external hard disk, a suit and pair of shoes if you must know.

Why did I move here? My wife wanted to be close to her family...