U.K. Property Prices.

Gastines

I knew that U.K. property prices had reached sky high levels but the ad I read this morning takes some beating. A flat is advertised in Bournemouth with 0 bedrooms. Curiosity made me look further. It is advertised as a Studio Flat in a victorian house,now converted to flats, the size of the flat is 13' X 12'. The price only £69.950.00. It's not April fools day is it? I don't think we will contemplate moving back to UK just at the moment.

Regards.

On the other hand there are some areas where prices have remained static over the last year. For example according to UpmyStreet , and a recent valuation, our house in Southend hasn't gone up much in value. Same applies to daughter's flat in Hither Green SE13, "smart" end of Lewisham. Pat.

You could always move back to Humberside, where a three bed semi can still be had for £100,000, and a FIVE bed semi for £136,000.

But then, you'd struggle to find any sort of job, and have to learn Polish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Ukranian etc in order to be able to converse with anyone in the street.

I saw a relative who is selling her house, she thought prices have risen locally ( Thames Valley) because there is so little on the market - she has seen a house she likes and says there is nothing else  available in her price range, like it or not. I guess this is born out by the fact that a house near us inspired a bidding war adding £10,000 to the asking price (which I thought was top $$$ anyway - just shows I was wrong !!!)

Walk up the beach from Bournemouth round the head to Mudeford spit ...there  it will cost you over £100.000 for a beach hut ....you get a big shed for your money that a decent blow and  a good sized wave will have in Christchurch harbour for you in no time ....oh yes and if you want to go to the loo...you use the public block sand filled and stinking as your hut has no running water or power !

Yes. Celebrity beach huts. A pal of mine bought one some years ago for £4000. I thought he was crackers. He sold it 2 years later for £19000. Not a bad profit but wishes he'd hung on a little longer. They have no security of tenure from the council and in the summer you either face a boat trip from Mudeford or a long ride on the land train. Like Sandbanks property, I expect the owners don't worry too much about global warming and sea levels rising.

Regards.

[quote user="Ford Anglia"]

You could always move back to Humberside, where a three bed semi can still be had for £100,000, and a FIVE bed semi for £136,000.

But then, you'd struggle to find any sort of job, and have to learn Polish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Ukranian etc in order to be able to converse with anyone in the street.

[/quote]

No need to learn all those languages...just do what most brits abroad do and stick with english...after all the rest of the world will speak it....won't they....er