Impots sur revenue prelevement mensuel

Gyn_Paul

Can anyone explain why the payments for the last quarter are always at variance (often wildly) from the avis echeances printed on the IR avis when the tax is filed?  for instance in my case, september was the 9th of E588, but oct/dec was E1259.

I don't have to tell you that I didn't read it: by the time I'm printing off the avis at the end of the filing process, I'm just so relieved it hasn't fallen over and lost the entire thing that I go and lie in a darkened room for a couple of weeks!

It seems that jan - dec is the 12/total of the previous years tax demand, (certainly, that's how they are listed) but then when you file the following one, the last 3 months are revised (upwards, of course).  Why is this?

Confused (and now over-drawn)

p

You have answered your own question, they dont know what your liability is until you file, in the meantime they take 10 payments of a tenth of last years liability with any excess (or refund) taken care of in the last 2 months, I have only just started paying and got all the avis' today, all in seperate envelopes of course.

[quote user="Chancer"]You have answered your own question, they dont know what your liability is until you file, in the meantime they take 10 payments of a tenth of last years liability with any excess (or refund) taken care of in the last 2 months, I have only just started paying and got all the avis' today, all in seperate envelopes of course.[/quote]

No, I don't get that.. the data is all there in the on-line filing, There's the definitive total revenue for the year on one line, and on the next it calculates the impot due, and then there is the line:

Total de l'impôt sur le revenu net...............................................4375,

and the scale is 10 x 437 (jan to oct)

Then the identical page the following year has 10 x 906 (ouch!) but for Oct, nov and dec of the earlier year (by which time the total tax for the previous f/y should be totally paid off)  it's 3 x 1259. !

So are you saying that the 'total d'impot [...] net' figures are estimates?  Why? what's the variable?

even more confused now!

p

As far as I remember if your income is going to increase or decrease,

and you pay monthly you have should change your monthly payments to

cover this. I believe it is around the 10% or 20%  difference mark. That

was always marked on the back of the paperwork, Avis d'echeances telling you how much you

would be paying each month  which you get at the beginning of the year.

And if you did not get that paperwork, surely on your Avis d'Impots that came last summer it would tell you how much that had already been preleve and how much had to be paid in Nov and December.

The previous years tax, is always divided by 10 and then the rest is made up over Nov and Dec, if you owe anything and recredited if you have over paid.

Also,

you know what you earned in 2015 so in reality should have made

sure that your payments reflected any change from the previous year, IF

you did not want this increase in the last payments, everyone has to make them.

Going overdrawn........ risky business in France, even these days, becareful with this, can lead to all sorts of problems and restrictions.

eg

impots due 2014   =  1200€

In 2016 from Jan to Oct you would make ten payments of 120€. As they decide that you have the same income in 2015 as the previous year 2014.

However, in 2015 you had earned more money and in fact your bill was going to be 1600€.

So if you only paid 1200€ until Oct, then you would be debited 2x200€ in Nov and Dec.

In Jan 2017 you would be paying €160 per month for 10 months.

But by your own figures that is right for next year.

437x10=    4370

1259x3=    3777

----------

total           8147

The only thing I don't get is why that is divided by 9 and giving your €906 a month to pay and not by 10.

The other thing is that that is a lot to pay, is it including social security cover? Because that is a lot.

You need to look at the avis d'impots for 2014 and 2015 and then for 2016 and see what they say. Can you not get paper copies of your avis????????

And this is going to get even more complicated when it is retenue a la source, perhaps[8-)]

Did you change to the prelevement methid the year before? And if you did so did you choose to pay the current bill by instalments?

If so then it would make sense although I cant make out your figures or what you are saying.

I did my tax return for 2015 last May, the bill has only recently arrived which i would normally have had to pay in full, I switched to prélèvements which means its paid in 10 instalments from February to October (I have the échéancier in front of me) however come this May when i do the 2016 déclarations I will have to start paying towards that whilst still paying towards the old one.

It has the following written which explains what is happening to yours:

Lorque votre revenue sera calculé, votre avis d'imposition récapitulera les sommes déjà prélevées et comportera le cas échéant un nouvel échéancier des prélèvements restant à effectuer.

When you get the échéancier look carefully and you will see why your payments are going to be what they are.